What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help on sending a numbers spreadsheet?

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a massive spreadsheet on numbers 200 pages. Is the a way I can find out its properties? I am trying to send it via the normal email button in numbers - it reads it like normal then flashes up the normal send it as, I choose numbers, then it brings up the email page to put the address in and send.

When it gets there to the recipient - there is no spreadsheet attached - is it too big?

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it is probably way too large for an email attachment thru an iPad or iPhone. Log into your iCloud (www.icloud.com) account from a PC and you will be able to retrieve the spreadsheet from there.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not sure that there is a selection from w/i Numbers that will allow you to check the size of a specific spreadsheet - now, you can go into Settings -> General -> Usage; wait a little, then select Numbers, the total size of your data will be there, so if you just have several spreadsheets and the others are smaller, then might be a 'rough' estimate. Also, keep in mind that iOS Mail likely limits the size of a file sent (don't know the number), but just as important, your email client probably has a limit. Finally, you might want to check limits using the cloud (e.g. Dropbox). Good luck and let us know your solution(s) - don't use Numbers much myself and my spreadsheets are small. :)

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thx guys, it is definitely a size issue - if I make two copies, split them both in half they send but sadly the person at the other end will not know how to rejoin them. I just don't know of a way to reduce the original but thx anyway

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How about you save the spreadsheet in a cloud storage account (such as Dropbox - you get 2GB free storage)? Then, while you're in Numbers and are viewing the document, you can choose to open the spreadsheet in Dropbox (click on the wrench icon, choose "share and print," then choose "open in another app"). Dropbox will open and you can pick where to save the file.

Once it's in Dropbox, you can create a link to it so you can send a link to it via e-mail. Then, your recipient, at his/her leisure, can click on the link and so download/open the spreadsheet.

Dropbox (well, any cloud storage) is very handy for getting around e-mail size restrictions. So, maybe it'll help?

Marilyn

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey, I have both Dropbox and iCloud on my pad but when I do as you say I get 3 options PDF, excel or numbers - how do I get it to open or save in Dropbox.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great to hear this worked for you. And yeah, I forgot to mention that Numbers will ask you how you want the information shared (as a Numbers sheet, a PDF or a Microsoft Excel sheet). Glad to see you got it sorted.

Marilyn

Most reactions