What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 is bricked I believe need help on how to unbrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

showbe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok here is what happened

I currently have IOS 4.3.3 but I woke up today to find out that my cydia app is no longer there. I googled what I could do to fix that and it said to delete a file under the var/mobile/ in the ipad jailbreak directory. I did that and ever since I deleted it my Ipad has been Bricked. It will turn on at the Apple Logo and then it will just get stuck there. After a while it will reboot and get stuck at the Apple Logo again.

I have tried to Restore in DFU and it doesnt work. I tried to Restore to 4.3.3 and 4.3.5 but it still doesnt work. IT will give me this error "An unknown error occurred (3194)" I clicked on the link for more info and it suggest to try on another Computer and I tried it on my Dads Mac Book and it gives me the same error.

So is there anyway to unbrick my Ipad 2? Reps for anyone who can help me. Because I really need this to be unbricked. I have downloaded Red Snow but it says Ipad 2 isnt compatible with redsnow.

If you have aim and can guide me through that would be perfect.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay. I assume you tried to either restart or reset it reboot the iPad?

When you deleted that file, did you save a copy of it? If you did, do you have OpenSSH where you can try to SSH into the iPad from your computer and put the file back?

If the answers are NO, then I am afraid you will have to restore the iPad2 and put iOS 5 on it (see asterisk about WiFi only iPad2).

Do you have an iPad2 with 3G? If so, restoring it to iOS5 means you've lost your jailbreak and will have to wait for one on iOS 5. But, it's all you can do.

*If you have a WiFi only iPad2 AND have saved SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.4, you'll be able to restore to that version and jail break it. But, iOS 5 is your only option without those SHSH blobs...

I know, a lot here. Take a look and see how/if you can use any of this info. Then, good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. It didn't move over to the Hacking section. So - I've just done it.

Also, showbe, I see that you've actually posted TWO threads on this topic (a forum no-no). Since you've gotten a most excellent response from our resident jailbreak guru, f4780y, I'm closing this one down for redundancy.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts