What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Elder parent's video's go black

evanskl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I know searching is what I'm suppose to do, but I'm so frustrated!!

My elderly father is trying to watch video's using the Smithsonian app, but the screen goes black after a couple of minutes. I've set the auto-lock to 15 min, but that's not helping. He is 87 and miles away, any help is appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not sure I can help. I downloaded the Smithsonian Channel app, with mixed success. There are two other Smithsonian apps which may also contain video content. Are you using one of those instead?

Some videos have paused or stopped (with a poor network connection warning), but I'm about a third through another the issue you mentioned; and I have not turned off my auto-lock.

I don't even have a guess as to what is causing your grandfather's problem, but perhaps we can figure something out together.

Most reactions

Latest posts