What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help can't transfer music from dropbox

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You cannot put music into your Music app on the iPad from Dropbox. At best, you can play the music or open it in a third party app. The only way to load music into the official/default Music app (on a stock device) is to use iTunes. Sorry.

Marilyn

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot put music into your Music app on the iPad from Dropbox. At best, you can play the music or open it in a third party app. The only way to load music into the official/default Music app (on a stock device) is to use iTunes. Sorry.

Marilyn

Marilyn can you put a Mp3 music file on a Mac, and then Sync. it to the iPad?

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah if you add it to your iTunes library

I added a few Mp3 files to my iTune files but when I connect my iPad nothing happens it does not show up or Sync. In the past I have copied music C.D.s and the songs are added to iTunes and also Sync.ed to my iPad. Why now nothing happens?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After you have added the songs to iTunes and have connected your iPad to iTunes, are you on the Music app in iTunes? You have to verify that those songs are checked to sync over to the iPad. If you've don't have them in a playlist, you'll have to check them individually. If they are in a playlist that is already on your iPad - you should be able to sync the Music and so the new songs will be loaded when the playlist is updated).

Hopefully, that should do it.

Marilyn

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After you have added the songs to iTunes and have connected your iPad to iTunes, are you on the Music app in iTunes? You have to verify that those songs are checked to sync over to the iPad. If you've don't have them in a playlist, you'll have to check them individually. If they are in a playlist that is already on your iPad - you should be able to sync the Music and so the new songs will be loaded when the playlist is updated).

Hopefully, that should do it.

Marilyn

I am trying understand how and where I should check the mp3 file to get them each sync.ed to the iPad.

OP
C

chandru Arni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Music transfer

Marilyn
Thank you.So i have to hear the music using the folder under Dropbox

Most reactions