What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP ! after iOS 7.1 upgrade my ipad air keeps rebooting :(

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I upgrade both my iphone 5 and ipad air with iOS latest 7.1

Iphone 5 has no problems at all

ipad air if I lock screen and press home button to enter it doesnt do anything, if I keep pressing home button it resets and that way I may enter the ipad

if I press home button to access SIRI it just reboots !!!

I did a DFU with restore of the backup it all went fine and it seamed that problem was solved everything seams working perfect

Well strangelt battery without being used was drained in 8 hours !! which is not normal and after I recharge it reboot problems reaper again !!! :(

I dont know what to do :( disconnected SIRI, disconnected bluetooth, disconnectes wifi nothign seams to help :(

I cant believe I am the only one having this problems I cant find other say about and even worst why doesnt apple release immadiatelly a patch :(

please if any of you have same problem or know solution let me know, thanks so much

any ideas what should I try ?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi marmagi, did you reset your iPad after that latest system update? Always a good thing to do...sorry if you already tried this:
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.
Let's know if that helped. Amazing the other solutions floating around here:)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

OP
marmagi

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just did the reset it doenst help at all, as soon as I lock the screen I cant release it using the home button and if I hold the home button it reboots !!!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i just did the reset it doenst help at all, as soon as I lock the screen I cant release it using the home button and if I hold the home button it reboots !!!
Have a look at this advice from Apple and see if the solution could be there.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
If nothing is of help there, worry not! We have some cluey members here who will no doubt chime in to assist. It is very doubtful at this stage that there is anything physically wrong with your machine.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using iPF

OP
marmagi

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks so much for trying to help, I did all that the apple support link suggest
I just hope my problem isnt just mine, so apple come soon with a patch to solve this problem
I also tried disable SIRI since pressing home button doenst start siri but reboots the ipad
I disabled the wifi, the bluetooth nothing helps
killed all the apps in background that doesnt either help
I did DFU and backup restore twice

OP
marmagi

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
another very strange thing I notice is that when you start and app even own ipad app such as mail, or even setting the image that opens up or gets larger is very low resolution, looks very bad graphics and as soon as the enlarged icon disappears all the resolution seams perfectly retina

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I usually know the simplest way in other cases, but this one has seriously got me DUMBFOUNDED... Maybe you could try talking it to the Genius Bar at your nearest Apple Store?

Most reactions

Latest posts