What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!

scrappyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there! Just got my ipad Saturday. I've wanted one ever since I got my ipod touch and didn't even know they were going to make them. I went to the apple store and wasn't expecting them to be in stock but they were. I was trying to save money and not get one but when I found out they had the 32g wifi (which is the one i wanted) i had too!

So far I'm loving the ABC app the best. ibook isn't too bad either.

Any other good apps I should know about? I have a $15 gift card burning a hole in my pocket. lol

~Debi

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey! Well, what do you like to do? Games? Seems like reading and watching video is important to you.

Do you have a collection of videos on your computer? If so, I really like Air Video is a must-have.

If you have a collection of PDF files and other stuff that you like to browse, then GoodReader - and for $1 it is a steal.

If you like music, you owe yourself at least to download the free trial of Groove Maker and give playing DJ for a spin.

OP
S

scrappyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll try Goodreader for sure. I have been converting my pdf's to epub using Stanza desktop.

I love games, especially the time management ones. I have most for my itouch though. I see there is a new ipad only diner dash so I may get that.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Welcome Debi!

Glad you are liking your iPad. iBooks is good, and so is the Kindle app if you are a reader. A good idea is to do searches on the app store for things you might be interested in. For example if you like chess, just search for chess... Or fashion, just search for fashion ..... There are apps for just about anything you can think of, but sometimes you have to dig a little ;)

OP
S

scrappyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes. :) I'm going to check out Air Video, I've never heard of that one. I do have the kindle app, I like it. The Barnes and Noble one too. My favorite is stanza for my itouch but they don't have that for the ipad yet. :(

I wasn't going to jailbreak my ipad but I saw the software and it was so easy so I did it. When I first did my ipod touch it took me forever before I got it right. I ended up messing something up in DLwhatever mode and it kind of bricked or something...I had to restore. This was soooo easy! Of course I ended up deleting all the themes on my ipod and using the one the thing came with so there really wasn't much reason for it. Same with the ipad for me probably. I like the basic backgrounds.

Okay I've rambled a lot...sorry. I'm going to go browse some of the other topics. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts