What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings :D and Help?

Pinkiex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day all :D

I'm Asha from Malaysia and after months of rolling my eyes whenever I overheard friends planning to buy iPad 2, I "accidentally" got myself one last Saturday. Since I'd been using an iTouch since 2 years ago (2nd gen, 32gb), I thought getting an iPad would be quite redundant. Well, that changed when my laptop broke down into pieces and had to be sent to the service center. Suddenly iPad caught my attention of being a 1 week-replacement for I'd lots of assignments to write and send.

Never planned for it to happen, a last minute impulsive decision. Went to a local Apple store, they were sold out. Was informed that another Apple store still had stock, rushed there and was surprise to find white 64gb wifi still available.

5 minutes later, with shaky hands and a broken bank, I was a proud owner of iPad 2.

And the bigger question I have now is...

How to stop myself from buying more apps from iTunes?

Had spent too much already.

Any help would be appreciated :D my debit card is officially broke to nothing but cents. Arghhhh.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Absolutely, that App Store can be addictive!!! But there are plenty of good free apps too - I've been watching the Space Shuttle space walk - one now - using the free NASA app. It's great - you can watch the video from the cameras mounted in the helmets of the astronauts....compulsive viewing...

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How to stop myself from buying more apps from iTunes?

Had spent too much already.

Any help would be appreciated :D my debit card is officially broke to nothing but cents. Arghhhh.

Heh, all joking aside I know what you mean.

My main defense is to keep a list of 'possible purchases' in Evernote (free). If I'm still hot to buy that app a month later (after another pay day) then I do. It doesn't work for apps that I need right now, but it holds down the number of impulse buys.

Other ways to keep track:

If you are using iTunes on the computer you can use the Wish list there. If you click on the arrow just to the right of the price its a menu choice.

Lost of us like to use the AppShopper.com site. It allows you to keep a wish list as well. And unlike iTunes you can get to that list on both the iPad (using their free app) and the computer.

Scratching the itch:

And you can slake your thirst for apps with the many free ones, and pay for ones that go free for a limited time. AppShopper maintains a list of apps gone free. AppAdvice.com also has a daily list of temporarily free, and/or reduced price apps.

OP
P

Pinkiex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh thanks all for the warm welcome :)

Yes, thank you very much for the advice, twerppoet. I've an annoying trait however, whenever I try free apps, I get really annoyed by those annoying adds, that somewhat add up to my increasingly enlarging hole in the pocket. Plus I'm a gamer so I get really frustrated trying out free games as they only offer limited levels (will feel like banging the iPad when I've played all those levels and have no money to buy the full version, heh).

I'll give those sites a visit, thank you very much :D

feeliplee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 Online Purchase Enquiry

Hi guys, I'm Philip and I'm from Malaysia. I recently queued up in Machines (Apple Authorized Reseller) at 6am to get the iPad 2 and was merely disappointed at 10am because it was all sold out. I wasted 4 hours for nothing.

I've decided to purchase it online but I am wondering if a debit card can be used for such purchase in the Apple Online Store Malaysia. I use the Maybank debit card with a VISA platform. Anyone can help?

And if it is a go ahead, are there any extra charges like tax or interest rates from the bank perhaps?

Please help! I need an iPad. If all else fail, I will be lining up for the next batch at 4am this time. Please advice.

Thank you!

Regards,
Philip

OP
P

Pinkiex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Philip! Yes, I've bought something from online apple store before with debit card, but I used Tune debit card instead of Maybank. You can try though :) all the best!

Most reactions