What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello - I am New

mfcorb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just joined. I'm a bit confused on how to interact with the forums.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings. Welcome to the iPad forums. If you have a question or are looking for help use the search function to see if there has already been someone asking that question. There may already be an answer you were looking for. If you don't find that there is already a post with an answer go into the section you think that is related to your query and start a new post. You'll be getting an answer from one of the many people who frequent these forums.
The is a section that has the information about the forum rules and etiquette. Give these a quick read. Most of all have fun.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

espeed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here.. sometimes forums can be kind of intimidating :)

espeed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome Kev.. there def is a ton of valuable info on here.. I have been lurking for months and I feel comfortable posting finally :)

Counselor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am finding this forum incredibly difficult and frustrating to use. I have looked for a simple 'how to' section, i.e. how to post, how to do an accurate search, etc. I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to search for a simple question when the search feature brings up hundreds of unrelated posts. Please point me to a simple 'how to' guide. I've read the forum rules and section for new users.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Counselor said:
I am finding this forum incredibly difficult and frustrating to use. I have looked for a simple 'how to' section, i.e. how to post, how to do an accurate search, etc. I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to search for a simple question when the search feature brings up hundreds of unrelated posts. Please point me to a simple 'how to' guide. I've read the forum rules and section for new users.

At iPF we expect new users to kinda know how to use Forums, quite similar that searching for a tutorial for using a mouse on the Windows website would render useless. I suggest using Google on how to use a forum related items, rather then iPF which has it's primary focus on iPads and iOS with the exception of the Off-Topic section.

Sent from K48AP, the classic

D

dvdcatalyst

It takes some time to get used to a forum, but the search is similar as if you would use a google search.
I usually just put certain words in quotes, which makes things a bit more relevant.

Looking through related forum sections and skim through at least the "sticky" posts that are pinned to the top (and remain there) usually contain handy information.

As for posting, people look at the title of the post. Only when they click on it, they will see the actual content, so when you create a post, use a title that has a brief version of your question, and then go into detail in the actual post. Posts like "I need help", "Help me" etc, don't work well.

LeslieJH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I found this app yesterday and have been reading posts ever since.

Thanks for all the information that has been posted here. I am on my ipad3 all the time and learning
new info from everyone here.

Saffir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to this community to my friends, I am Also new one here from UK...

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to this community to my friends, I am Also new one here from UK...

In your biography you state your location is the USA. So when you say "from UK" do you mean you have moved from UK to USA, or that you devote your time between those two countries?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LeslieJH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always lived in the state of Ohio in the USA. From reading posts I see a lot of you are
from UK. am I in the wrong forum?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LeslieJH said:
I have always lived in the state of Ohio in the USA. From reading posts I see a lot of you are
from UK. am I in the wrong forum?

Not at all!

Now I have to declare that I too live in the UK but this is an American owned and run forum.....we just happen to be very active on a world wide scale.....so you certainly are in the right forum and we are glad that you are here.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts