What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heads up clue out

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buy is offering $50 off on iPad 2s. This means that they are reducing stock to make room for iPad 3s. Not much doubt that March 7 will be the big announcement.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
there have been quite a number of threads on this, best buy has actually deleted the ipad 2 from their system (which is an even bigger clue if you ask me)

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So you guys suggest Best Buy will not slash prices, delete a product unless it has a very strong indication from Apple about iPad-3. But do you think anyone from Apple Sales would be giving this before hand information to Best Buy that please start selling whatever stock is left with you at your best prices maybe even reduced we will soon have something new to offer to the market so you need to catch up there aswell ?

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So you guys suggest Best Buy will not slash prices, delete a product unless it has a very strong indication from Apple about iPad-3. But do you think anyone from Apple Sales would be giving this before hand information to Best Buy that please start selling whatever stock is left with you at your best prices maybe even reduced we will soon have something new to offer to the market so you need to catch up there aswell ?

Apple controls what prices Best Buy sells their iPad and Mac's for. I don't see another reduction in the iPad2 price.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
The REALLY strange thing is that Meijer, dropped their iPad 2's down to $429 for a day. Thats $70 off, and they have changed the price back since then to $499.

Apple must be doing some strange stuff allowing them to drop temporarily in hopes of generating the large amount of buzz around the new unreleased products (iPad 3). If that's what they are doing, its working as we are all talking about it.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The REALLY strange thing is that Meijer, dropped their iPad 2's down to $429 for a day. Thats $70 off, and they have changed the price back since then to $499.

Apple must be doing some strange stuff allowing them to drop temporarily in hopes of generating the large amount of buzz around the new unreleased products (iPad 3). If that's what they are doing, its working as we are all talking about it.

This is a marketing item that many other stores a lot of the online ones do this with high priced cameras. Drop price for a week then back up it go's.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple does not follow the traditional paths. They do not let vendors discount unless there is something new coming. Radio Shack has also announced an iPad 2 sale. Meijer has gotten in trouble with Apple before for unauthorized sales, but I suspect they jumped the gun here.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several new part numbers that have appeared from Apple that may reflect the new iPads. It appears that there may be 9 models of the iPad and one new AppleTV. Speculation is that the wifi iPad will only be offered in black and the wifi+3G will be offered in both white and black. It is also being stated that the new iPad 3 shell will be less than 1mm thicker than the iPad 2, but not as thick as the original iPad.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are several new part numbers that have appeared from Apple that may reflect the new iPads. It appears that there may be 9 models of the iPad and one new AppleTV. Speculation is that the wifi iPad will only be offered in black and the wifi+3G will be offered in both white and black. It is also being stated that the new iPad 3 shell will be less than 1mm thicker than the iPad 2, but not as thick as the original iPad.

This again puts me in a strange dilemma should I go for the white one or the Black one. The Theory that I have heard is, though white looks elegant and more beautiful a user while using it always has this distinct white borders of the frame in the back of the mind which can create a illusion of the video and image not looking so big despite it is quite big and something obstructing the view. But with Black borders it gels with the Video and Image inside and hence does not give this feeling of something obstructing the view !!

is it true ? does this really happen ? I also personally think white is beautiful but haven't used any iPad so long that I can say white obstructs my viewing and Black does not !!

So even I am looking out for an answer should I go for a white iPad-3 or a Black one ??

Last edited:

timtruro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
This again puts me in a strange dilemma should I go for the white one or the Black one. The Theory that I have heard is, though white looks elegant and more beautiful a user while using it always has this distinct white borders of the frame in the back of the mind which can create a illusion of the video and image not looking so big despite it is quite big and something obstructing the view. But with Black borders it gels with the Video and Image inside and hence does not give this feeling of something obstructing the view !!

is it true ? does this really happen ? I also personally think white is beautiful but haven't used any iPad so long that I can say white obstructs my viewing and Black does not !!

So even I am looking out for an answer should I go for a white iPad-3 or a Black one ??

Black is the new white.....go with the black!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Buy both. Return whichever you don't prefer. No dilemma.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a rumor out that the iPad 2 will become the intro version of the iPad with only 8 GB storage. Based on iPhone history, this would make sense. A price of $299 would be a big bargain way of getting one, but more likely to be $399. The same rumor mill is also saying that the iPad 3 will only come in 16 and 32 GB versions. This is not a believable rumor since there is already solid indications of three storage levels in each model of the iPad 3.

Another analysis of the information available is that the new iPad will support 1080 video and the AppleTV is being upgraded with a new processor and ability to handle 1080 video. It is important to remember that there could be a lot more or less to the presentation next week than the rumors tell us.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen all the rumors and haven't taken any seriously. I'm fine with not knowing till specs are announced. I'm interested, but not overwrought, lol.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a rumor out that the iPad 2 will become the intro version of the iPad with only 8 GB storage. Based on iPhone history, this would make sense. A price of $299 would be a big bargain way of getting one, but more likely to be $399. The same rumor mill is also saying that the iPad 3 will only come in 16 and 32 GB versions. This is not a believable rumor since there is already solid indications of three storage levels in each model of the iPad 3.

Another analysis of the information available is that the new iPad will support 1080 video and the AppleTV is being upgraded with a new processor and ability to handle 1080 video. It is important to remember that there could be a lot more or less to the presentation next week than the rumors tell us.

This would be really nice not having to convert all my HD videos to MP4s just to use them on the iPad.

Most reactions