What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heads up clue out

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad supports more than one video format.

• H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
  • MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
  • Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
The higher resolution will not change that very much.

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I got my iPad 2 I wanted a black one in the worst way, but a white one showed up first. I was afraid it would look like an appliance, but it doesn't. I like it, and will get a white one next time, if I have a choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But does this theory hold any truth, that with white borders you distinctly have the borders in the back of your mind, but with Black it gels with the image, Video hence making you feel of watching a bigger image/video (maybe a illusion, but yes)

Biddy44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
But does this theory hold any truth, that with white borders you distinctly have the borders in the back of your mind, but with Black it gels with the image, Video hence making you feel of watching a bigger image/video (maybe a illusion, but yes)

That's taken as a given by TV geeks and is my experience as well...not so much the size but the floating screen effect A dark border recedes and can be ignored when you watch video on the display, whereas the white border is always "there," framing the image I realize there's kind of an Apple snob factor to the white unit, but I definitely prefer black.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A reliable source has been cited that there will be the same variety of colors and memory as before, and the prices will stay the same.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's taken as a given by TV geeks and is my experience as well...not so much the size but the floating screen effect A dark border recedes and can be ignored when you watch video on the display, whereas the white border is always "there," framing the image I realize there's kind of an Apple snob factor to the white unit, but I definitely prefer black.

Ok, So what you are saying is with Black Borders it really does not hit you so much as its prominent Borders being there as much as with White Borders right ? Which does make the difference while watching Video and Images. White though looks chic :rolleyes:

I am gonna have a tough call !

Most reactions

Latest posts