What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HDMI out "Mirror" feature

Crow331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds like this thing is actually going to work correctly. I don't have the original IPAD but I read that it couldn't mirror everything and wouldn't output all movies to a tv from the IPAD. This sounds like it works the way it should work now. Does anyone else agree?

For those who have the IPAD1, how do movies play on this? Movies that are actually downloaded to the IPAD. Do they play without stutter?

I'm looking to use this for a new business and these are the only features I care about at this point. I want to download around 35-40 movies on this thing and then output it to a monitor.

Thanks!

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Componant connector set to connect to my VHS/DVD writer (which is attached to my Standard Def TV). Movies I've rented via iTunes look just like other TV shows.

What is your source for the movies? That might impact the quality of output since you'll probably have to convert to iPad format.

OP
C

Crow331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to be purchasing all the movies straight from ITUNES and only outputting them to an 8" monitor so quality should be fine.

I actually need to output this to about half a dozen 8" monitors. How would I do this? I would use the HDMI accessory that IPAD2 is going to have to get it to one monitor and then how can I get it to the other 5 monitors?

Thanks for the help. This is a new business idea and so I'm looking for ideas/solutions.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If u jailbreak or get any 3rd party movie player like cinexplayer or vlc player, u wont need to comvert. If u jailbreak n get ifiles, then u wont need itunes to transfer movies. I do it all the time with no problems. Ifiles allows u to put any type of file or file format wherever u want in the internal memory. Itunes, begoneeee! Lol

OP
C

Crow331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mind jailbreaking but how long does it take from the time IPAD2 comes out for someone to get an untethered jailbreak do you think? I need it in like a month to 6 weeks from now.

Secondly, it MUST play from ITUNES as I need a special feature within ITUNES that allows me to start a movie from a specific start point everytime I launch the movie. Unless those other players have that feature, which I don't think they do.

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wouldnt look for a jailbreak for quit awhile thats a whole new system so its gonna take quit awhile

Most reactions

Latest posts