What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HD Video

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one thing stopping me at this point of getting the IPad 2, is the lack of feed back on HD video(movie files) play back. I am well aware of the formats it'll play, but how well does it play 720P movies with the native player. Also, how well does it handle HD movies with the Oplayer? Please help me out here, as this is a big selling point with me to get or not get the IPad 2.

Thanks,

Phil

sarashah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HD video at 720p, which is what the iPad supports, is 720x1,280. With a maximum width of 1024 pixels, the iPad really plays back true 720p--which uses 16:9, anything else isn't truly "720p"--video at 576x1,024. That's not much better than 480p.

OP
C

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, I guess I should have worded my question differently. I know the specs say it can play 720P movies, what I meant to ask was, does it handle this well, meaning no lag, stuttering or sync issues? I know the 1st IPad had issues with regards to 720P movies, does the new IPad suffer as well?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, I guess I should have worded my question differently. I know the specs say it can play 720P movies, what I meant to ask was, does it handle this well, meaning no lag, stuttering or sync issues? I know the 1st IPad had issues with regards to 720P movies, does the new IPad suffer as well?

This isnt android. Video is always smooth on iOS.

OP
C

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, so from your post, I guess I can put my concerns to rest. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts