What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5.1.1 update has slowed down my iPad....Maybe

subscription01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys! before i updated to the 5.1.1 my buzz-player easily played hd videos but now when i try to play even 720 p videos with either avi or mkv format they simply wont load. The problem is not in the app as i have tried the same on other apps as well. Any idea about the problem and solution?
Mine is iPad 2 wifi only model. 16 GB

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, assuming you have already rebooted your device, maybe it has the same issue with the iPad 1 iOS 5.1.1? There has already been a number of complaints due being slow on 5.1.1...

You have tried rebooting right? And do you have a lot of memory space left? Is your device jailbroken? If yes, do you have many tweaks?

OP
S

subscription01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes i have rebooted it several times. It is jailbroken i am using only sbsettings and you tube hd pro and nothing more from cydia

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I see, hmm :\... This is sad, I'm sorry I don't have much juice to squeeze out of me... Since you only have two tweaks it doesn't seem to be the case...
Although there are alot of reports because of the slowness of the iPad (specifically iPad 1, so not sure about iPad 2) with regards to upgrading to 5.1.1, that can be the case here.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
subscription01 said:
Hi guys! before i updated to the 5.1.1 my buzz-player easily played hd videos but now when i try to play even 720 p videos with either avi or mkv format they simply wont load. The problem is not in the app as i have tried the same on other apps as well. Any idea about the problem and solution?
Mine is iPad 2 wifi only model. 16 GB

Did your Buzz Player App get updated recently or at the same time you updated your iOS?

I ask because the app had great reviews in the App Store until the latest update and the reviews for the current version are not good at all, it might be worth taking a look to see if what other users are reporting is similar to your issue.

The Archangel

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, well he also mentioned that the other apps were running slow or not running as well...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's certainly not the OS. 5.1.1 runs great on the ipad2.

If there were any widespread issues, we would have heard about them here by now.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AllenSalar said:
Hmm, well he also mentioned that the other apps were running slow or not running as well...

And to add to the excellent point made by Kevin, without knowing what other apps have problems we can't offer any advice regarding them......

The Archangel

OP
S

subscription01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Did your Buzz Player App get updated recently or at the same time you updated your iOS?

I ask because the app had great reviews in the App Store until the latest update and the reviews for the current version are not good at all, it might be worth taking a look to see if what other users are reporting is similar to your issue.

The Archangel

Yes i have updated it. Let me take a look if i can find an older version

OP
S

subscription01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
And to add to the excellent point made by Kevin, without knowing what other apps have problems we can't offer any advice regarding them......

The Archangel

No, dear other apps are good. I mean that when i try to run an hd video or 720p hd video on any video player app, it simply just refuses to load. the apps get stuck in loading the video like AnyPlayer HD, the VLC player includding buzz player.

Most reactions

Latest posts