What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HBOGo Released!

eineer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
Please don't start your thought in the subject line, that's really annoying!

App works great for me! Watched 5 episodes of Entourage yesterday.

Just signed up on my ipad2 with wifi. It will show a preview fine but when I choose "play" I get an error message that says Required_Parameter or Parameter_Required. Does anyone know what this means and how to get around it?

AgentLady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got sound; no picture

I have tried to view HBO Go on my TV from my iPad 2 by bypassing the set top box (I have Dish Network) and connecting directly to the TV using the connector and an HDMI cable. I get sound but the only video that comes through is the HBO Go logo. I have a Samsung TV. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks

Davidra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried to view HBO Go on my TV from my iPad 2 by bypassing the set top box (I have Dish Network) and connecting directly to the TV using the connector and an HDMI cable. I get sound but the only video that comes through is the HBO Go logo. I have a Samsung TV. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks

Just tried this today on two HD TV's. Got the same thing....the HBO Go logo, while the selection was playing on the iPad. I only had long HDMI cables (15 feet) available. I wonder if the cable was too long; will try on a shorter one later today.

mstill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked this up on HBOgo website and according to the FAQ you cant view the shows using the HDMI CABLE because of some proprietary issue.

Davidra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazing they managed to block the output. I wonder if they also could block VGA output from a laptop. Anyway, that's a pain...but given it's a free app and program, guess we can't complain. Well, we can.....

edit: actually, the FAQ's say you can connect a computer running HBO GO to a TV and watch it. Suggests VGA might work.....

Last edited:

sc133613

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lathby said:
Yes, and it's incredibly annoying. The only thing I can think of is that it's optimized for an Ipad 2 with 3g connectivity rather than a mere wifi-only Ipad 2 (like mine). I'm hoping there's a fix in the works for it, I'd really love to watch all those shows but it's nearly impossible to enjoy them when the video pauses every 3-4 minutes and you're forced to hit the 30 second rewind button to get it going again. Took me 40 minutes to watch a 27 minute episode of "Extras". Bleh.

I am having the same issue on iPad2 with wifi only. Anyone have a fix.

Most reactions

Latest posts