What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HBOGo Released!

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's in the app store already...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Just downloaded and am using the HBO Go website right now to watch The Sopranos. Missed it when it was on TV and wanted to watch before I bought any seasons.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely!

We watched the royal wedding on the iPad2 this am on an hour drive into work. It will send whatever you have - cable TV, Dish Network, DVR, whatever, and send it out via your router at home. Computer need not be turned on. Control your cable or dish via your iPad. I then catch it with either my iPhone 4 or iPad2 to watch it. If you have a mobile hotspot, catch it as you drive although 3G will give you a view as well, allbeit a bit herky jerky. I plug my iPad2 into a "guest" HD TV (motorhome or motel) and watch it on their big screen. Just need the apple Component AV cable to connect to a TV otherwise watch it on the iPad.

I can also capture it on my Mac at work.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comcast.

Oh well, Netflix works as does my Slingbox.

I'm interested in this slingbox.. Will I be able to watch my cable away from home??

Yep, once you have the device and app there are no monthly fee's. I believe the app is $30. I have an older unit (AV model) but it still works, the other nice thing is you can watch recorded shows on your DVR as well :D One thing to know though is say you are away from home and you log in, as you change the channels it will be changing the channels on the TV as well. So if someone is at home watching the TV that the slingbox is hooked up to it will change the channels on them. I believe with the Pro model this isn't the case but you may want to look into that if it would be an issue for you.

Last edited:

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We may have hijacked a thread here but

the Pro model does the same thing. I solved the problem by connecting the SlingBox to my bedroom cable box.

OP
A

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I would be connecting it to my bedroom tv as well.. Thx heading to best buy today to give this a run.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Slingbox pro and pro HD both have internal tuners. If you have cable TV and a box, you can set basic cable as one input and the box as another.

That way, you can watch a different channel on your iPad than the home TV Is on. The sling mobile app will let you pick either input, so I use my high def box on the home TV and watch basic cable on the iPad on any channel I want.

One thing to keep in mind is, the sling mobile iPad app only works with the newest sling boxes. The iPad app works great with my pro HD, but will not even start using the Slingbox pro saying it is incompatible.

The older iPhone sling app will work in the iPad using 2x with the pro, but it looks horrible.

~John

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
Comcast.

Oh well, Netflix works as does my Slingbox.

I just downloaded it. I am on Comcast and it is working fine. Just used my Comcast email and password. You have to be subscribed to HBO for it to work.

OP
A

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm so jealous... I have Cablevision so it's a no go for me BUT there may be hope after all
My mom has Fios so after making a phone call I got the okay to use her account. Gotta get the info today and try it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts