What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HBO GO Issues on iPad 2

Leighanne24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having trouble getting HBO GO to work on my iPad 2. Worked fine on iphone 4. Downloaded app on iPad 2 but everytime I try to sign in I get a pop up message ERROR 30-33. Have deleted and reinstalled multiple times. Still same error. Trying to figure out if this is a problem with iPad 2, perhaps settings, or some type of login issue. Can currently access HBO GO on computer and iphone just not iPad 2. Anyone else have this problem?

Baconswifey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not having the same problem but my app isn't working either. I can run the app on my iPhone 3, but on my iPad 2 when I start watching a show it locks up and the show freezes or the app just shuts down. My cable and Internet provider is comcast, maybe that has something to do with it? Or does HBO Go not run on the iPad 2 :(

Mz Bize

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hbo go does not work on my iPad3. It did when I had comcast. Now I have direct tv. Keep getting error message http proxy not
Supported and to delete from wifi settings. Whatever that means. Called apple support they said it was a provider problem called
Provider direct tv they had no idea what I was talking about. Works on my desktop just fine.

Pappaduke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hbo go does not work on my iPad3. It did when I had comcast. Now I have direct tv. Keep getting error message http proxy not
Supported and to delete from wifi settings. Whatever that means. Called apple support they said it was a provider problem called
Provider direct tv they had no idea what I was talking about. Works on my desktop just fine.
I'm having the same problem with comcast on my iPad 2. Same error message you are getting. My iPhone works fine with it. The app won't play at all on my iPad. It had been a while since I used it, but it worked fine before the update that is supposed to allow streaming with AirPlay.

Pappaduke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Emailed comcast about this problem. They said to go into the wifi settings for my iPad and click on forget this network. The arrow next to the wifi network you are using. I have to tell you I had zero confidence that this would work. Once I did that, I re-entered my network password and now it works. I hope this works for you.
Here's a copy of the email sent to me:
Thank you for your email. We suggest turning Wi-Fi Networks off or try removing Wi-Fi Networks you have connected to previously. Since known networks will be joined automatically it is possible that one of your Wi-Fi Networks could have a proxy turned on by default. To remove a network, click on the arrow to the right of the name and choose the option to “Forget this Networkâ€.
Good luck.

arjay8008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just powered off then on and am able to login fine now. So far...

Most reactions

Latest posts