What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hbo go internet connection required error.

stingray1059

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im having trouble running hbo go. it gives me error an internet connection in required. im connected to wifi and i have a 1.5mbps connection. im posting this using my ipad so im sure i have a decent internet connection.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One solution that fixes a load of problems is to completely switch the iPad off rather than putting it to sleep, as most people normally do. Press and hold the Power button until the slider control appears, accept the offer to switch off, wait until the iPad powers down and then press Power again until the white Apple logo appears. It then takes a few seconds to power up. Even Apple recommend that you do this about once a week.

Tim

Pgrueskin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem

im having trouble running hbo go. it gives me error an internet connection in required. im connected to wifi and i have a 1.5mbps connection. im posting this using my ipad so im sure i have a decent internet connection.
I am having the same problem. I tried reseting the iPad before, uninstalling it and reinstalling it as well. Also, my Internet connection is around 9-10 mbps.

Pgrueskin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah. It is because I am in British Columbia right now on vacation. I will have to try it out when I am back.

hiddenmickey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem on my iPad as well as iPhone with HBO GO. It says I need an internet connection when I am active on wifi. Help is appreciated. Yes I have power cycled the devices.

Tom

golfnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem with HBO GO!!!

I downloaded the HBO GO app on both my iPad and iPhone. Went online with my PC and set up the account. Works great on iPhone, but not on iPad. Cleared the cache and did other stuff, but still won't work on iPad. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it works fine on iPhone, but not on iPad?

golfnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem with HBO GO.

Tried powering it off. Tried deleting and reloading the app. Got it to actually work for about 5 minutes. Signed out and later tried to sign in again. Same problem. Tried everything again but could not get it to work.

streetmafia01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a solution that works for me. It's because i live outside the US, therefore its not the internet that is the problem but a bad choice of words from HBO. U need to use a VPN connection to get a US based IP. Thats when it will open up!!

Most reactions

Latest posts