What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hay Day Discussion and Game Help Thread (NO FRIEND REQUESTS)

Holidae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1million said:
Yeah it refreshes every 180 seconds now. Plus MAX followers is now 10.

The max you can follow or the max that can follow you? I have 58.

Attachments

• image-3791496663.jpg
    image-3791496663.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 226

Bbarbii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something is stuck on my game (again); I updated, finally was able to get the game loaded. I placed several items on the sales stand-- and there they sit (although a friend bought something); I've placed 3 ads in the past several hours: ads for tape, gold bar, wood, bolt....and the items are still there with their ad-tags. Bolts & tape has ALWAYS sold...easily for 225 coins.

My guess is that my items are not appearing in the ad circular.

Maybe Greg will buy the stuff tonight..but this does stall the game for me.

Anyone else notice this problem?

OP
1million

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bbarbii said:
Something is stuck on my game (again); I updated, finally was able to get the game loaded. I placed several items on the sales stand-- and there they sit (although a friend bought something); I've placed 3 ads in the past several hours: ads for tape, gold bar, wood, bolt....and the items are still there with their ad-tags. Bolts & tape has ALWAYS sold...easily for 225 coins.

My guess is that my items are not appearing in the ad circular.

Maybe Greg will buy the stuff tonight..but this does stall the game for me.

Anyone else notice this problem?

I need one Bolt. I'll look for you (if your my neighbor).

Jammomma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also popcorn colors changed so it easier to identify which are which!! Jalapeño popcorn is green, buttered is yellow and regular is red! I really like this change!

TootseLee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, now all of my friends are gone, besides Greg of course. Really not cool. If changes like this become the norm, I see no point in
continuing with this game. Too bad, I was enjoying it.

OP
1million

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jammomma said:
Also popcorn colors changed so it easier to identify which are which!! Jalapeño popcorn is green, buttered is yellow and regular is red! I really like this change!

The buttered popcorn now looks like yellow water. It looked better before. The chili popcorn should have stayed red since its made with chili peppers and not jalapeño peppers. The only one that looks normal is the plain popcorn.

I don't understand what the people behind Hay Day are thinking. Every time they update they screw other things up. The storage for example should have stayed the way it was. The newspapers should refresh every 30 seconds not 180 seconds. The free advertisement should be every 10 minutes not every 30.

Also I've noticed all of my walk up customers want either Raspberries, Black berries, or Cherries. Mostly I'll get to customers asking for the same thing but with different amounts. This is another thing Supercell screwed up on.

I bet they don't even take our suggestions into consideration. If they did this game will be so much better.

silverjj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been playing the game for about a month now and have played other similar games. It seems like the same thing tends to happen with them all. They get widly popular and then don't put enough into the game to keep it going and people move on to other new games.

It's a tough business to be in. They give the games away for free, or for a dollar or so, and I cannot even imagine the developer costs to program these games. I read an article once that the majority of game developers for the android and iphone/ipad/ipod markets don't get a return on their investment. I guess they are able to make more money by selling diamonds and stuff than if they were to charge more for the game upfront.

I know we all complain about them pushing us to have to buy diamonds and taking too long to fix issues ... but it is free after all. I could understand being upset if we paid $20-$50 for the game.

I enjoy the game and have purchased diamonds ... if for nothing more than to contribute to the "cause". Figure if they made more money they would be able to justify more resources to the further development of the game (who knows if that would be the case - for all I know they may say the game has a life span of x months or x years and get what they can in that timeframe and then move on to releasing a new 'hot' game).

All in all, I like the game and enjoy playing it. If I look at the costs for a Wii or Xbox game ... or a night at Dave and Busters ... the price tag on it is pretty reasonable. ;-)

Happy Farming.

PS If you get a chance come by and contribute to our Hay Day forum at hayday proboards com

CellZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel in this update to refresh the newspaper is too long, this is very troublesome in the search for the items that we need,
I can only hope the developer to update it again soon and provide refreshment time not too long :)

Feyaya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's amazing how this game used to have 4.5 stars...now it has 2.5. When looking at the game through the app store, I noticed how in one of the still images they have a shed on the farm. Anyone else notice that? I haven't seen it as an option during gameplay.

CellZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's amazing how this game used to have 4.5 stars...now it has 2.5. When looking at the game through the app store, I noticed how in one of the still images they have a shed on the farm. Anyone else notice that? I haven't seen it as an option during gameplay.

Yups...
I see it, rattings this game dropped dramatically since the last update, this is because many users can't connect to server.
I really hope the developers to be able to immediately fix it, so it does not add to the disappointment to its users

Jewelies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've lost all the people that I was following. So then I added some new ones, closed my iPad down but when I reopened, i'd lost my newly added farms too! Is this happening for others too?

themelez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do. My followers have dropped from 50 to 10 though. :)

Thought the same happened to me, but I guess by now you already know they come back as you scroll your follower bar to the right.
Seems like you can folow more people now too, which is nice.

themelez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So there was a little server down time - Calm down and let them work on it for a while
So your friends didn't show right away - Calm down and see if it's temporary or not
So your followers were down to 10 - Calm down, see if it's temporary or not
So you can't browse through the paper like a race car driver on crack anymore - Calm down and check your friend's and followers' stuff for a minute. (At first I disliked the 180 secs too, but now I am finally do browse a little and actually buystuff I see in the paper since people who are racing through everything without halt are finnaly slowed down by the system)
and so forth...

Many of the gamers were spoiled in the beginning and are now disappointed that they dont get everthing instantly in a great game effort. I just hope this doesn't affect the game devs motivation.

Sure there are a few things I want to see fixed (like the tree revival issue, but even that was announced to be changed in the next update), but Hay Day is a great and fun game. And you can play it for FREE if you just have a tiny little bit of patience.

Since I had to do lots and lots of trade and sell all my stuff all the time just to keep up with construction buildings etc. I couldn't even fulfill the "Spend 2500 coins on decorating your farm" task. I was always wondering how others can have all buildings, all animals and have gorgeous farms with lots of decoration already (except if they spend real money on the game). My farm looks... well like a real farm. But I'm looking forward to that day I get the Jam maker and can finally start investing in decorations. (Unless a new update comes out before that with lots of new expensive stuf :).

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts