What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have original iPad, should I buy iPad 2?

Libbylee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't decide...I love my original iPad, but as a true addict, I'm thinking of buying the new one. Has anyone done that? What are your feelings? Would really appreciate your feedback!:confused:

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold my IPad 1 a month ago, which was a good decision, 1 week later the prices for new IPads went down, so i made a good deal, now ill go for IPad 2 and i think ill do that again once the Bridge between IPad2 and IPad3 comes up.

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
It just depends. If you truly are satisfied with your original Ipad then you should keep it however, if you have the money and, don't mind selling your Ipad 1, I'd say go for it also.

If I had got a bigger capacity Ipad, I would have kept my original. I actually listed it on Ebay earlier to buy a bigger capacity one but, I backed out, canceled the auction and, didn't sell it.

When the new one was announced, it made the decision easier for me.

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you need camera's, then yes. If you dont, then I would hang tight. Just my opinion.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Libbylee said:
I can't decide...I love my original iPad, but as a true addict, I'm thinking of buying the new one. Has anyone done that? What are your feelings? Would really appreciate your feedback!:confused:

A true addict, by definition, wouldn't need to ask the question, or be confused. Just saying...

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go for it and donate your iPad to the charity cause listed here on the forum. Your iPad would go to a etcher in a lower income area, therefore helping kids along the way. Plus I'm sure it's a tax write off also. Or u could just sell it and use that money towards ur new one. Good luck on ur decision and let us know what u decide ;-)

FileSpnr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
camera yuck

just dont do it because you want the video camera. I cant believe how bad the video is. What's the point of putting a camera like that on there? just keep the one you have and wait.

I sold mine, and ran to the apple store, saw the video camera, and left with nothing, oh well.

OP
L

Libbylee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for all the feedback. I'd like to hear from someone who bought the new one....was it worth it?

OP
L

Libbylee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Night and day?

Yes. Night and day between the two.[/QUOTE]

Could you please explain why?
thanks!

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold my original and bought the new one on launch day. I agree with the others, it's a huge improvement in user experience. On paper there are a lot of small changes, but wow, once you hold and use the new one you'll be hooked.

The lighter thinner form-factor is so much more elegant and expensive looking/feeling. Apps open more quickly, web surfing is faster, and I never have the crashes I used to have on my original iPad after I used memory intensive apps. Garagage band runs much more effortlessly than it did on the original which means we'll no doubt be seeing many more apps that optmized for the new dual core processor.

The Smart Covers are very cool too!

Most reactions

Latest posts