What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

have iPad4 with iOS7 and HDMI connector, can not view on samsung TV screen ?

zvonkokracun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there a way to play recorded films and view on TV other than apple TV, in my case downloaded from BBC iPlayer in the UK ?
if not what is the HDMI connector sold for ?
do i need the apple TV box ? and an apple TV ?
if yes what other apps do i need to transfer data to apple tv box ?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be able to use an HDMI adaptor (hopefully someone else can give you advice on this) but I use Apple TV and it couldn't be simpler, all you need to go with the Apple TV is an HDMI lead.

You don't need any special apps to use the a Apple TV although the Remote App is good (and free) for using the Apple TV on it's own. To stream app content you use built in airplay in the app or airplay in the control panel on your iPad.

The Archangel

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
is there a way to play recorded films and view on TV other than apple TV, in my case downloaded from BBC iPlayer in the UK ? if not what is the HDMI connector sold for ? do i need the apple TV box ? and an apple TV ? if yes what other apps do i need to transfer data to apple tv box ?
Hi, welcome to iPF!

To connect your iPad to the TV, you need the connector (Lightning Digital AV Adapter) and an HDMI cable. Connect the adapter to your iPad, and the cable to tv and adapter. I don't own a Samsung TV, but this is how it works with my Philips: when I want to watch something on TV that's stored on my iPad, I connect it to the TV, then I just have to select the port on my tv. That done, I start the video on my iPad, and it shows on my tv.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
is there a way to play recorded films and view on TV other than apple TV, in my case downloaded from BBC iPlayer in the UK ?
if not what is the HDMI connector sold for ? do i need the apple TV box ? and an apple TV ?
if yes what other apps do i need to transfer data to apple tv box ?

Well, you've had some great advice and pertinent comments - but just to re-emphasize, if you want to go w/ Apple TV (3rd G) (info HERE), then the ports/interfaces are quoted below, i.e. you need a broadband internet connection and preferably Wi-Fi; note the HDMI only input, so an adapter for your iPad + your TV will need HDMI inputs? HDMI will provide both video & sound, so the optical audio input would not be an issue. Please post back more specifics about your TV? Dave :)

Ports and Interfaces
  • HDMI2
  • Optical audio
  • 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
  • Built-in IR receiver
  • Micro-USB (for service and support)

wezzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please, how do I install downloaded apps from my iTunes in my computer to my ipad

Sent from my iPad using iPF

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please, how do I install downloaded apps from my iTunes in my computer to my ipad Sent from my iPad using iPF

You can sync your iPad just by connecting it to iTunes on your computer. You can choose for it to do it automatically or manually. I would suggest doing it manual to save you from deleting unwanted apps constantly.

wezzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you please send it with details, like video or images?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions