What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#17-002:: iPad4/iOS 10 record TV broadcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseyWaless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
#17-002:: iPad4/iOS 10.2 record TV broadcasts for YouTube

rev A : revise to expand on desired recording tupes, etc.

WHAT:: I'm looking for a method, using an iPad app or YouTube to record a TV broadcast
(
revA -only interested in CNN & other cable news networks, not movies or TV shows) from a VIZIO smart TV, preferably wirelessly; but could be via HDMI and an Apple HDMI/Lightening adapter.
- They can be either 720/1080i
- Prefer FREE or <$20USD solution cost.

I did some web searching but, frankly I don't have the time to invest in researching this properly and was hoping somee IPForum users can give me a shortcut to some solutions and understanding the issues. I am willing, at this time, to compromise quality for simple and cheap.
(
revA : I haven't extensively researched copyright issues, so-called "fair use" nor public domain).

revA:: If I am doing this for personal use and not uploading to YouTube or similar sites, I would assume there are no restrictions

WHY:: i would like to record clips to create short YouTube clips and be able to splice clips together.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll not find any apps to do what you want as it would involve copyright violations. YouTube also prohibits the posting of copyright content without the permission of the copyright holders. Everything shown on TV is copyright, including CNN and other news programming.

With that, this thread is closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts