What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Apple fixed the annoying Safari random shutdowns in ios5.1?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not just Safari but any browser. I updated it on my previous ipad the week ios5 came out but had to swap out the ipad for a new one cause the random shutting down was unbearable. I was about to throw the freakin thing out my window. Im now still on ios4.5 and not going to update unless this random shutting down of web browsers has been fixed!!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded my iPad 1 and 2 to iOS 5.1, which has eliminated the frequent Safari crashes I was having on iOS 5 and 5.0.1.

I've been on iOS 5.1 since maybe a week of its launch and haven't had any probs except that I have to log onto Netflix more frequently. That's the only prob I've encountered, though.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It really is a non issue just upgrade simple as that? I don't understand your issue as I have over 100 users through my network and not one complains of any issues with any browses.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably depends on which sites you visit. I had iPad 1 3G since launch day and have never changed my use patterns. Before iOS 5 and 5.0.1, I rarely had crashes. Once I'd upgraded both my iPad 1 and 2, they both crashed on Safari multiple times a day, with much more frequency on iPad 1 vs. iPad 2. The diagnostics logs of both indicated RAM handling probs -- on the same news sites, for instance, I'd been visiting since Day 1 of iPad 1 3G. Since I've upgraded both iPads to iOS 5.1, performance has returned to like-new -- very infrequent crashes on Safari.

I juggle about a dozen iDevices (mine, my husband's and ones I've gifted) on one iTunes account and didn't have any trouble upgrading any of those firmware upgrades. The only difference was in frequency of crashes.

The thing with tech is, not to assume that others' experiences must reflect yours, because we all have slightly varied use patterns.

Most reactions

Latest posts