What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari keeps randomly closing now after updating to iOS5

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help me cause ive tried reseting my cache, doing a hard reset and my safari will constantly close all the time. Usually happens when inputting text on a site. Ive never once had this issue before updating to ios5! I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN HOW MUCH ITS PISSING ME OFF cause im having to reopen and type everything up again for the 6th, 7th or 8th time!!!! Right now i cant even use this thing cause thismipad will eventually be going out my 2 story window!!!

Sent from my sexy black iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

junb0620

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same thing happens on my ipad2..everytime i open safari, it suddenly closes by itself..I also wonder what is happening to my ipad.. I checked the memory it is still 14gig free from the 16gig capacity.

imageplayground

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uninstall it then turn off your device then restart it. again try to install it.It will work properly

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
imageplayground said:
uninstall it then turn off your device then restart it. again try to install it.It will work properly

Pretty sure you can't uninstall safari on the iPad! At least not the simple way!!!!!!! :)

marksites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having pretty much everything crash on iPad using iOS 5. Any browser, FB, etc. I rarely had this problem before the upgrade. It's really making me angry. It seems to be a RAM problem. I've installed two different apps to clear RAM, but of course it closes any opened apps. Videos seem to be especially irksome, presumably because they require lots of RAM which is getting clogged with cache. If I peruse a few hours of postings in FB and then click on a vid (or sometimes just an image), it'll crash and I'll need to clear RAM before starting again.

I'm not a fan of iOS 5.

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marksites said:
I'm having pretty much everything crash on iPad using iOS 5. Any browser, FB, etc. I rarely had this problem before the upgrade. It's really making me angry. It seems to be a RAM problem. I've installed two different apps to clear RAM, but of course it closes any opened apps. Videos seem to be especially irksome, presumably because they require lots of RAM which is getting clogged with cache. If I peruse a few hours of postings in FB and then click on a vid (or sometimes just an image), it'll crash and I'll need to clear RAM before starting again.

I'm not a fan of iOS 5.

Which iPad are you using? iPad or ipad2.

alan_g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Safari just keeps on crashing but if I toggle 'safe browsing' Safari runs trouble-free. I hope a fix is coming.

marksites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
alan_g said:
I have the same problem. Safari just keeps on crashing but if I toggle 'safe browsing' Safari runs trouble-free. I hope a fix is coming.

I'm mostly irritated by the FB one. At least the browsers seem to open back up in the same place. But the whole thing is really annoying. It's making me want to just go back to my laptop.

marksites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marksites said:
I'm mostly irritated by the FB one. At least the browsers seem to open back up in the same place. But the whole thing is really annoying. It's making me want to just go back to my laptop.

Oh, and add to this the lack of Flash and yeah, I'm pretty much over my iPad love affair.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to close it.

Close: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

In the case of Safari you should also go to Settings > Safari and clear the Cache and Cookies. If the problem is related to a specific site or domain, then go into the Advanced settings, Website Data, and clear anything that looks like it comes from the problem site.

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 since June and have been through various updates since the initial iOS on my device. This update, iOS 5 is clearly the most problematic. It's screwed up my picture albums, random crashes of apps of all kinds, other apps not working properly and my favorite calendar app (iWeek) doesn't work at all and print n share not working, 'open in' another app not working, blah, blah blah, I could go on. And all this to be able to close an app with a pinch? Pull down notification? So far not such a great 'free' bargain.

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish i could go back to ios4

Sent from my sexy black iPad 2 using iPF

marksites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PoetDoc said:
I've had my iPad 2 since June and have been through various updates since the initial iOS on my device. This update, iOS 5 is clearly the most problematic. It's screwed up my picture albums, random crashes of apps of all kinds, other apps not working properly and my favorite calendar app (iWeek) doesn't work at all and print n share not working, 'open in' another app not working, blah, blah blah, I could go on. And all this to be able to close an app with a pinch? Pull down notification? So far not such a great 'free' bargain.

You can close an app with a pinch?

Most reactions