What's new
Apple iPad Forum ๐ŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone dropped their iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know this is IPAD discussion here. Bow I know so done that dropped his IPhone 4. The screen is all cracked but working. But today he showed e his phone and the screen is coming apart and a piece of the screen is missing. He did not have a screen protector on his phone. Looks like our IPADS are more durable.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 32 GB

annbrook21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is IPAD discussion here. Bow I know so done that dropped his IPhone 4. The screen is all cracked but working. But today he showed e his phone and the screen is coming apart and a piece of the screen is missing. He did not have a screen protector on his phone. Looks like our IPADS are more durable.

Yep, agree. IPAD is more durable, but I haven't dropped yet. 8 months up and still working well.

iBealicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah i did just on the 2nd day of buying it! I dropped it 2 feet. It has a slight dent on the upper right corner. ๎‡๎„ˆ๎

Sent from my iPad

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iBealicious said:
Yeah i did just on the 2nd day of buying it! I dropped it 2 feet. It has a slight dent on the upper right corner. ๎‡๎„ˆ๎

Sent from my iPad

I did the same while putting my iPad back into it's slip case. Dented a corner :( but all works fine. I just bought a wallet type case with hinged front cover. A better case with the feel of a non-slip grip :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

p53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since dropping my ipad2 a month ago, I received my new, free ipad from the apple store a couple of weeks ago. I asked the employee how apple is able to do this and stay in business. He said apple gives its employees a lot of lee way in situations like this, and that if you have a clean track record (i.e. have not damaged products before and asked for replacements) and are honest, they will more than likely give you a new one for free. I was really happy with the outcome and will definitely buy more apple products in the future.

Ryan

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iBealicious said:

Sent from my iPad

Does not seem like a big deal to have a slight dent. But.....one would wish that dent would never be there.
Also once the dented IPAD is in it's protective case the dent will not be seen and soon forgot about.

Last edited:

vlg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dropped

I dropped mine, damaged the corners. There is another thread that says apple replaced it for free. Any experience with this?

ngokp7899

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so sad ! I have just dropped and dented a Conner of my iPad 2. I bought it through a long hour queue at an Apple Store aprox 2 weeks ago. Felt even more sad , because the expensive full leather case called Proporta Aluminium lined leather case which rated one of the best iPad 2 case bought from Apple Store doesn't do any protection at all when it dropped from my laps!

Went to Apple store to seek for help but i ended with full disappointment, Apple Store staff told me there is no solution for me except 1 to 1 swap with same full cost I have pay for the exchange !!!!! isn't this is as good as I buy myself for another unit.!

Hopelessly me ,now spent even extra cost to add a Belkin clear rubber back cover case + leather dark blue smart cover to protect it.

Feeling is not the same again in using it.

26.06.2011 - kuala lumpur , Malaysia.
Thomas

Last edited:

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my iPad 2 a couple of weeks ago and cracked the screen. Ouch! I took it my local Apple Store the next day and it was replaced.

rckswim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got my ipad 2 four days ago... this morning my boyfriend goes to pick it up while it was plugged in.... slow motion... drop 2 feet onto the wooded floor. i am so upset i can't get over it! of course i yelled. now he's mad at me for yelling when it was obviously an accident.
luckily, as far as i can tell, it still works. there is a small scratch in one corner. the smart cover was on and remained on.
is there anything i should be looking for to make sure everything is ok? i ran most of my apps and tested the volume. i hope it doesnt crash in the near future....

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ouch.. That's why I'm probably not going to let anyone else touch my iPad, let alone hold it. :(

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a griffin survior case for this very reason. It's got a plastic shell for both front and back, a thin sheet of plastic on the front part to cover the ipad screen (doesn't seem to affect touch sensitivity at all) and it also has a rubber case that goes over the sides and back so the only portion that you can see is the screen. It does add bulk but any substantial protective case will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts