What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone dropped their iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
EIGHTYTHREE

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kwabenapeprah said:
Dropped my ipad 2 last night and the screen is shattered. It was because the new smart cover came off. Challenge is, i bought it in Ohio 2 weeks ago when I was on vacation from Africa and I am back home. Any help?

Some people have been having success by simply going to an Apple store, being honest in what happened and they will exchange it for a new one. I think that's what you should to do, you have nothing to lose. Don't mention anything like "i heard on the Internet..." just go, show your disappointment, be courteous, honest and see what happens.

Last edited:

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had dropped mine and explained about the smart cover and Apple was kind enough to replace it free no questions asked.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kwabenapeprah said:
Dropped my ipad 2 last night and the screen is shattered. It was because the new smart cover came off. Challenge is, i bought it in Ohio 2 weeks ago when I was on vacation from Africa and I am back home. Any help?

Some people have been having success by simply going to an Apple store, being honest in what happened and they will exchange it for a new one. I think that's what you should to do, you have nothing to lose. Don't mention anything like "i heard on the Internet..." just go, show your disappointment, be courteous, honest and see what happens.

I'm assuming by his post that there aren't any apple stores where he's at in Africa. If that is the case then your only option is to call their customer support and see if you can ship it to them. They will either repair it or exchange it with another unit and quote you a price if there is one.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A guy I work with had a disaster with his brand new iPhone 4.

He picked up the phone &headed back to work. The phone rang as he was driving back. He answered it, talked for a minute & then set it in his lap. It was pouring rain out.

When he got to where I work, he forgot about the phone & stepped out of the car. The phone fell straight into a puddle & he stepped on it all in one motion. Not only was it submerged, the screen was smashed in pieces & he had made exactly one call & no texts.......

~John

OP
EIGHTYTHREE

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
I'm assuming by his post that there aren't any apple stores where he's at in Africa. If that is the case then your only option is to call their customer support and see if you can ship it to them. They will either repair it or exchange it with another unit and quote you a price if there is one.

oh I thought He/She said that they're back home now from Africa and is back in Ohio. You are right, I misread the post...my bad! Thanks for clearing that up for me

Last edited:

irishgirl1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad2 dropped

Yup! My daughter who is autistic got her iPad2 3 weeks ago and has been so careful, guess what...she dropped it tonight and now I am wondering if the screen can be replaced or not?:(

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havent dropped my ipad yet, but dreading the moment will come at any time

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EIGHTYTHREE said:
Usually a few weeks after a device/phone has launched someone shows up with a cracked screen. So Im just wondering if any one had a unexpected case of butter fingers or slicks thumbs and has dropped iPad 2 yet? I dropped mine but it magically hovered an inch above ground before inpact and I was able to grab it!! :D Nah, but seriously, I know its bound to happen for someone, Im curious the durablity of the new thin design. Any drops yet? ( Or near fatal drops?)

I haven't dropped mine, but i have spilled a malt cooler on it. Thanks to the screen protector and leather case, my less than 2 week old iPad 2 was unharmed. I no longer drink and handle my iPad, though.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not dropped mine, but somehow I have a very small (less than 1/4 of an inch) hairline scratch in the center of my screen. When I first seen it, I didn't know whether to scream, cry, or punch someone! I immediately bought 3 screen protectors on eBay. I will never go unprotected again!

FREE MY iPAD2 

OP
EIGHTYTHREE

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Devyn Quinn said:
I haven't dropped mine, but i have spilled a malt cooler on it. Thanks to the screen protector and leather case, my less than 2 week old iPad 2 was unharmed. I no longer drink and handle my iPad, though.

Lol...Hey you can invest in sippy cups and enjoy drinking and surfing again! Who am I to judge . I glad it went unharmed, there must still be an iGod out there somewhere

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my ipad1 only once, and I wanted to cry, but it was alright =)

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EIGHTYTHREE said:
Lol...Hey you can invest in sippy cups and enjoy drinking and surfing again! Who am I to judge . I glad it went unharmed, there must still be an iGod out there somewhere

I was happy it was not harmed. I had also purchased drop/spill insurance when I got the machine, so it was covered. And I no longer lay on the bed with my drinks propped by the iPad. Though sippy cup would be handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts