What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardware issue with headphone jack!

DannMtz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
So yesterday I tripped, fell over my iPad, the headphone jack broke and now it is stuck. Any ideas of how could I get it out?
I'll leave a pic of it.
Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 274

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
  • You could try very small needle nose pliers, or a toothpick with a very small dab of super glue on the end. Just make sure iPad is powered off before proceeding. Another option is to take it a repair ship that is capable of replacing the headphone jack.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Brian's suggestions are the usual ones given - the 'super glue' option can be messy (I use the stuff in my workshop) and potentially cause more damage - take a look at this iFixit Q&A for some further discussion. If you're not a good DIF w/ experience and tools, a visit to a repair shop might be your best choice - good luck and let us know your results; this is an occasional question asked, so you might want to search the forum. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts