What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio out from headphone jack

Larry767

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone using the headphone jack on their iPad 2 to send audio out to their TV or other amp? When I try it I get a lot of squealing through my TV or external speakers unless I turn the volume down on the iPad 2 to a level that's not practical. There does not appear to be anything wrong with my headphone jack as normal headphones work fine, even at full volume. Any ideas? On a related note, I have an iPod Touch 4g which I tried and it works fine so it's not the cable I'm using. And another possible related note, I have an FM transmitter thing in my car that plugs into the dock connector which again works great with the iPod Touch 4g. But, when I hook my iPad 2 up to it there is some noticable background noise. Could there be something wrong with the hardware in my iPad 2 or what? It's still under warranty so if you guys suspect there could be an issue let me know and I'll take it in. Otherwise, I'll try any of your suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
L

Larry767

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL. I copied and pasted this from another forum where I posed the same question. Noticed it was not plain text but was too lazy to reformat it. Sorry. Thanks for editing it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this sound like audio feedback, the sort you sometimes get on Public Address systems, when the volume is turned up too loud? Do you, by chance, have a microphone active anywhere that's coupled in? Do you have any app running that's using the iPad microphone?

Tim

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not sure what is happening here, is it plugged in firmly.

mess around with this area

iPod%20settings.jpg

maybe a simple reset

apple_ipad_hard_reset00.png

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone using the headphone jack on their iPad 2 to send audio out to their TV or other amp?

to accomplish this, i use an apple TV, to send audio/video wirelessly to my TV or 7.1 surround.

whatis_gallery_slide120100901.jpg

ipad_airplay.png

airplay_mirroring_ipad_2.jpg

plus the apple tv adds more functionality to your existing tv, must have hdmi.

OP
L

Larry767

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Does this sound like audio feedback, the sort you sometimes get on Public Address systems, when the volume is turned up too loud? Do you, by chance, have a microphone active anywhere that's coupled in? Do you have any app running that's using the iPad microphone?

Tim

OK, I'll admit I was drinking at the time. the problem is with the app KaraokeAnywhere. It enables the built in mic so yes I was getting feedback. If I play the iPod app it works just fine. So, I've posted a message with the app developer because it does not appear they have a setting to turn the built in mic off.

Larry

OP
L

Larry767

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Larry767 said:
OK, I'll admit I was drinking at the time. the problem is with the app KaraokeAnywhere. It enables the built in mic so yes I was getting feedback. If I play the iPod app it works just fine. So, I've posted a message with the app developer because it does not appear they have a setting to turn the built in mic off.

Larry

There was a way to turn the input volume to zero and now it works. Hope this helps others.

Most reactions