What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headphone jack broken and stuck in ipad

DrDave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears that the jack from my daughters headphones broke and is stuck in jack. Anyone have a thought on how to remove before send off for repare? Thanks in advance

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Superglue a paperclip to the end of the broken plug and pull? Not sure if it will work, but you can try.

redblisspotatoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got great help. Heat the end of paperclip (i used small allen wrench) with open flame and insert into jack. Let dry at least 30 minutes (I let mine sit overnight) and pull out. Just worked and I am thrilled. Had to share.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
BOY! :( Sorry about that problem!

I'm an amateur woodworker and have plenty of tools (and adhesives), but would like to see exactly how the jack plug broke off and what may (or may not be protruding) - e.g. a tiny set of long-nose pliers might work.

Good luck and please post back a hopefully successful story - might come in useful for others!

Lynn3956

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Decided to try this before going for repairing. Worked perfectly!!!

april.q

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great suggestion mate. Used a soft board clip instead of paper cilp and it worked like magic. I'm as thrilled as you were. Thanks a lot & will definately share the same.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
I wouldn't use superglue just incase you do need to send it in for repair or at a later date, the residue could give Apple a reason to charge for the repair

Most reactions