What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with 3.5 jack NEW iPad

HEAVENFIRE316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems that I am having issues with video playback when inserting or adjusting the headphones...Such as, each time I try to adjust the earphones for correct sound,
the video will pause or stop playing...

This is my 5th iPad and I have never had this issue with inserting earphones while watching movies or
Videos..makes me think there might be some incorrect wiring issues associated with the 3.5 jack that affects
The video driver?

Really has me worried because it happens EVERY time I make even a minor adjustment..just seeking some guidance
If this is somewhat common?

Thx

Lyndon23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried this to confirm and here is my results using Apple in-ear earphones: -

Inserting earphones during movie playback - No issues.
Removing earphones during movie playback - No Issues (Movie Pauses and can be resumed by hitting play button).
Adjusting volume up or down (using earphone control) during movie playback - No issues

On my one I'm not seeing any issues relating to 3.5 jack.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The same happens to me when I watch a movie using the "Video" icon.When playing movies with Vlc player,no pausing happens.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have not noticed any problems using the jack for music & vids while using AVPlayerHD....but I'm going to transfer a movie via iTunes and try it with the "Videos" app to see what happens there.

OP
HEAVENFIRE316

HEAVENFIRE316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I have not noticed any problems using the jack for music & vids while using AVPlayerHD....but I'm going to transfer a movie via iTunes and try it with the "Videos" app to see what happens there.

Yeah, it is still doing it with using both crackle and Xfinity apps and also a movie bought from iTunes..

I bought at Bestbuy and thankfully they began a 30 day return policy on March 5..looks like it will
Be getting exchanged Saturday..

Just when it finally had became customized just the way I wanted it, I have to return it..better safe than sorry!

Texas Holders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, it is still doing it with using both crackle and Xfinity apps and also a movie bought from iTunes..

I bought at Bestbuy and thankfully they began a 30 day return policy on March 5..looks like it will
Be getting exchanged Saturday..

Just when it finally had became customized just the way I wanted it, I have to return it..better safe than sorry!

Just backup your current one and when setting up the replacement, click the option to restore it from your backup. Will be just like the one you turned in.

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is not an iPad problem. This is caused by your earbuds or headset. If the earbuds have volume and on off switch, it will usually cause some problem. I tried this on 3 headsets and confirmed this. Just get a headset without those switch, the problem will go away.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before you take it back, verify that it is not your ear pieces. The wiring on most ear buds is very lightweight. It takes little to damage the wires.

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even my $300 Bowers and Wilkins P5 is giving me similar issues. I ended up swap out the interconnect cable without those switches.

Most reactions