What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handwriting is squiggly with any app

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's ok to post this here. Happy to have this post removed by an admin if it contravenes some rule.

All fine....we understand you have only done this to help our fellow members.

And thank you for the time you have invested here to do this.....some great info in this thread! ;)

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It does this with a sliding magnifier.
Don't forget the other apps I mentioned in the earlier post that also use this method. GoodNotes, for example, is easier to use than NTHD and has more flexible ink, although it isn't as full-featured.

Also, since you're creating large letters (in the magnified view), your hand can cramp up after a short session. .
If you set up properly there's no need to write unnaturally.

OP
PRSS

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Chowdown & Krooked, you have given me very useful info. Can I ask you some more questions? Right now I have downloaded and i am using GoodNotes(Free) which is amazingly good. I am yet to purchase the pro version or try buying the other apps to see which best fits my needs. As of now the free GoodNotes is doing very well indeed.

In the meanwhile the questions are about stylus. I have a Targus Stylus and also a Wacom Bamboo Stylus for iPad. I thought the Wacom would do a better job (I also have Bamboo paper installed). To my surprise I do not find that much of a difference between Targus & Wacom (I thought Wacom would be way superior to Targus - as I am using a Wacom Tablet with its own stylus/pen on my PC - for my sketching/painting hobby). This Wacom Stylus for iPad came with a soft nib plus 3 spare soft nibs/tips. This nib is slightly softer than the Targus which has only one type of nib. I could not purchase the "firm nibs" from Amazon / flipkart/e-bay as they are always in short supply or there is no demand for the "firm nibs". So I could not get my hands on these physically. If you people have had experience in this, I am asking you if the "firm nib" on the Wacom Stylus for iPad would give better results than the Targus. (I am not considering Adonit - as many people say that it scratches the iPad glass surface if you were careless- and also because they require batteries). All these are quite expensive in India - so it becomes a bit expensive for us to purchase & experiment - any info on the "firm nib" would really help.

Thanks in advance
PRSS

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi PRSS.

I've only ever used Targus styluses, except for a cheap no-name stylus that I threw away after 5 minutes because it was so soft that its metal shaft would bump nastily into the screen whenever I tapped. So all I know is that for me, firm is better than soft. My styluses tend to last about six months before they start to get grabby and useless.

I know nothing about the Wacom iPad stylus, but its iPad app is nothing special, imo.

OP
PRSS

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi PRSS.

I've only ever used Targus styluses, except for a cheap no-name stylus that I threw away after 5 minutes because it was so soft that its metal shaft would bump nastily into the screen whenever I tapped. So all I know is that for me, firm is better than soft. My styluses tend to last about six months before they start to get grabby and useless.

I know nothing about the Wacom iPad stylus, but its iPad app is nothing special, imo.

Thank you for the info
PRSS

Most reactions

Latest posts