What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why no stylus from Apple?

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be using iPad 3 for lot of sketching & painting. I have already purchased ArtRage for iPad (I already I use the fiull fledged artrage studio 4 on my desktop.

Also bought Paper by fifty three with all the apps paid for. Bought Autodesk Sketchbook Pro also (already using its big brother full version on my desktop along with other architectural softwares.)

To work on all these apps you do need a decent stylus. I first bought the Targus stylus. Now I have bought a Wacom
Stylus. These seem to work okay.

What puzzles me is that why Apple has not come out with its own high-end stylus for their own iPad? - and make it work superbly for their iPads ?

Thanks in advance.

With best regards
PRSS

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Didn't you know....Steve Jobs thought the best stylus is your finger....

And frankly, the screen on iPad is a touch screen, not one with a digitizer. The iPad was not designed to be used with a Stylus.

OP
PRSS

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh God !! I never knew about this !

But I have a feeling that very few people write or sketch or paint with their fingers.

There is so much going on in other graphic / sketching / painting forums ( using iPad ) debating which is the best stylus for which kind of job among some ten top styli available. (Wacom & Adonit come to the top &Targus etc. come after that - in these forums.

Now having come to know that Steve Jobs considered fingers for everything, let me put away both my styli for a while and stick to my fingers for sketching & painting and try how it works out !

Thanks for the enlightenment
PRSS

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PRSS probably because you don't really need to. For sketching you can use Adonit ones, are great!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you need a stylus there are many available that work on any of the tablets. Majority of uses do not use a stylus pen unless they are drawing or maybe using photo type apps. Please check put our sponsors as a couple offer excellent solutions for your needs

Most reactions

Latest posts