What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handwriting on iPad - iAnnotate

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Benedge
Note Taker HD may as well have been invented for doing mathematics. I use it with a projector to teach mathematics and use it as a notebook to do maths. The edit2 feature, when fully understood and utilized, is great.

One fly in the ointment though, and it may not affect you. Scanned PDFs seem to be imported upside-down! The developer has posted some unsatisfactory-looking workarounds at his support site and there may be steps one can take during the actual scanning process that will help. I've got lots of scanned PDFs which I will use Noterize with, not a bad app at all, but no edit2 and bezel capability.

So remember, with Note Taker just because you rest on the bezel doesn't mean you can't put your equations anywhere you want.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
OP
B

benedge89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Note Taker HD + GoodReader + DropBox = iTunes unnecessary.

Unless you want to do backups or install iOS upgrades. Or are there workarounds for those too?

No. I just meant that you can get PDFs into NTHD without iTunes if you want to.

Awesome.

Everyone thankyou so much. I can now let you know that this forum
has convinced me to purchase an ipad!! An has made me rethink my position of 'the ipad is pointless it's just a big iPod touch!' haha.

Two last questions:

what is 'dropbox'?

And what is the bezel??

Haha forgive my ignorance!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
what is 'dropbox'?

While chowdown is right, Google is your friend here, I'll give you a start-off. Dropbox is a company? Group? Developer? Whatever... An entity that provides for online storage. It's free to sign up and get 2GB of storage (their site is Dropbox - Home - Online backup, file sync, and sharing made easy.). Go to their web site and read all about them. It's anywhere-access to your stuff, should you choose.

I didn't know about it either (or RSS feeds!) until I got my iPad. It's amazing what's out there ... !

And what is the bezel??

The bezel is so you can hold the iPad without interacting with it all the time (take a look at a picture of the iPad - that big black frame around the screen is the bezel).

This should get you started on your Google search for more info on the iPad...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts