What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hand gestures

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone besides me find it highly ironic that you can navigate web pages in Safari in OS X with a swipe, but in IOS that requires using buttons? On a device designed for hand gestures?

Does that any kind of sense?

gottifour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere only the iPad 1 lost it's multi-touch gestures and the iPad 2 got them by default in iOS 5. Is tis true?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Both iPads get multi-touch gestures. It's a feature for iOS 5 and not specific to iPad model. If you put iOS 5 on an iPad1, it will also have multi-touch gestures.

Marilyn

gottifour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Both iPads get multi-touch gestures. It's a feature for iOS 5 and not specific to iPad model. If you put iOS 5 on an iPad1, it will also have multi-touch gestures.

Marilyn

More false Internet information I picked up along the way. It didn't sound right, especially in apples uniform world.

Thanks for the clarification Marilyn!

Andygo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well my iPad 1 has lost its hand swipe gestures since installing ios5. Why?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you checked the settings? I read somewhere you have to set it up after update even though you had It before.

pab8754

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multi-Touch gestures

Multi-Touch gestures dont work in iPad1?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. It appears I owe an apology. From what I'm reading, iOS5 does not include the swipe gestures for the iPad1 (but it does for the iPad2). Now, IMNSHO, that's just wrong!

My defense is that my information came direct from the Apple web site - and they never mentioned that it was an iPad2 only thing.

Sorry for the misinformation.

Marilyn

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oops. Sorry guys. I must have got that info from you then. Oh well, that means I won't be getting it either. Still waiting for mine to stop restoring. I guess I must have the record for longest update. 12 hours and counting.

Andygo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope someone clever can work out how to re enable it for us original supporters of Apple Ipads. Thanks for YOUR support Apple, I'll wear it always...

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Totally disappointed that the gestures aren't available to iPad 1 users! What's the reasoning behind that decision? Unbelievable.

Most reactions

Latest posts