What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to activate the best secret feature in your iPad

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Gabreil1. That's a good idea, and I'd take you up on it, but by the nature of the work (highly mobile), and the nature of the information (need it at any time), I think we're stuck as is for now. Plus, I think some of the stuff may not take well to being copied back and forth.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A 32 GB USB drive could probably take some of the load off. Of course, if the info is sensitive USB drives are easily lost. Maybe one of those encrypted/secure type drives would work.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
A 32 GB USB drive could probably take some of the load off. Of course, if the info is sensitive USB drives are easily lost. Maybe one of those encrypted/secure type drives would work.

Or you could send them.........

TO THE CLOUD!!!!!!!

:)

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How does that work about registring as an Apple Dev?

I want to activate those when I get Ipad2 but When i go to register on Apples dev site, they keep asking me about company info

I don't want to enter false info and get lawsuit for nothing

Reaction score
ratatapa said:
How does that work about registring as an Apple Dev?

I want to activate those when I get Ipad2 but When i go to register on Apples dev site, they keep asking me about company info

I don't want to enter false info and get lawsuit for nothing

You only have to follow the instructions, more specifically this point:

4. When it asks you to enter your iOS developer credentials in the dialog box, click cancel. It will give you an error. Disregard it.

OP
xune

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to download Xcode 4 onto my Mac book. Xcode 4 is huge! 5Gb. Will this even fit? I think the Mac book says it is 2Gb. But hard drive says 11Gb avail.?

The 2Gb would likely be the RAM.

I agree with Grey Shark's suggestion. Creating a free Dropbox account will free up some drive space. You can also create a free MobileMe account for three months allowing you up to 20GB of extra space.

Once you've freed up space and downloaded what you need, you can then delete the Xcode program if wish.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
xune said:
The 2Gb would likely be the RAM.

I agree with Grey Shark's suggestion. Creating a free Dropbox account will free up some drive space. You can also create a free MobileMe account for three months allowing you up to 20GB of extra space.

Once you've freed up space and downloaded what you need, you can then delete the Xcode program if wish.

You spelled my name wrong but that's ok. It happens all of the time. People think of a grey shark, but actually my name is Grayson so I used the gray from my name to make grayshark. But yes.......

TO THE CLOUD!!!!

(I am making fun of the windows commercials)

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I did a search to install xcode on Windows (particularly Windows 7 in this case) and I found a website that tells you how you can do it. From the comments, it seems like it works.

I am currently in the process of doing this. It took me 3 hours to download Snow Leopard, and don't feel like messing with it now. So i can't guarantee if this will work, but if it does, it will be cool. It does require you to have at least 6GB (I think) of hard drive space. You also have to have a computer capable of PC Virtualization.

Like I said, I haven't done it and not sure if it will work. It will also take you hours (depending on your Internet connection). If anyone else has done this let me know how it works. I'll try it tomorrow.

Here is the link: http://ipodtoucher55.blogspot.com/2010/12/installing-ios-sdk-and-xcode-on-windows.html

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
I did a search to install xcode on Windows (particularly Windows 7 in this case) and I found a website that tells you how you can do it. From the comments, it seems like it works.

I am currently in the process of doing this. It took me 3 hours to download Snow Leopard, and don't feel like messing with it now. So i can't guarantee if this will work, but if it does, it will be cool. It does require you to have at least 6GB (I think) of hard drive space. You also have to have a computer capable of PC Virtualization.

Like I said, I haven't done it and not sure if it will work. It will also take you hours (depending on your Internet connection). If anyone else has done this let me know how it works. I'll try it tomorrow.

Here is the link: http://ipodtoucher55.blogspot.com/2010/12/installing-ios-sdk-and-xcode-on-windows.html

Just use ibackupbot, took me 5 minutes. And the gestures are enabled for every backup I do and restore I do.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Just use ibackupbot, took me 5 minutes. And the gestures are enabled for every backup I do and restore I do.

I probably should have done it that way, but I didn't.

The process I described above does work. It takes hours, but it works. It also requires a few edits since the article is a couple months old.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
I probably should have done it that way, but I didn't.

The process I described above does work. It takes hours, but it works. It also requires a few edits since the article is a couple months old.

Oh well.....

Most reactions

Latest posts