What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hand gestures

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback link, I've often wondered how to share my crazy (read, "brilliant") ideas :p

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Here's a link to Apple's iPad Feedback page. You could file a "complaint" (or maybe it's just a bug?). If enough folks make enough noise it might get their attention.

Apple - iPad - Feedback

Thank you, I've already put my concern in through a link from one of the other members, could have been you.

We need all iPad 1 owners to file a complaint, please pass the word!

Last edited:

jamku

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i also filed a bug report through the link, since nowhere apple says that it wouldnt work on ipad1. i hope they fix it soon.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I've replied to this link and have told them that we on iPadforum.net are not happy.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oops. Sorry. I said it really nicely. You know me. I'm not rude. You guys are always telling us that we must make them aware of the power of ipadforum.net.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

svjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gestures are not the only thing missing for iPad 1s in IOS 5. They didn't include photo editing and in fact down graded the limited ability that existed. You could in the past at least rotate the photos in your imported album. After upgrading, I decided to remove my photos so I could see them in the cloud by reloading them. That was a mistake, as I quickly found out I could no longer rotate them.

I don't know what is going on with Apple, but iPad 1 users should be hopping mad at Apple for degrading their devices. Upgrades are suppose to enhance features, not remove or down grade them.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 1 owner here with IOS 5.01 update and multi gestures are here!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Isn't it great! I am so sorry but I've multi posted. Oops! Yippee!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, lock and load Robert, lock and load. Straight to my iPad, no bypass to laptop.

Settings-general-softwareupdate. And away you go. Still playing with gestures. I'm so sad!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has the update been released already?
To upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 simply connect your iPad to your computer, open iTunes if it doesn't open automatically, click on your iPad in the iTunes left-hand menu and under the Summary tab click on the "Check for Updates" button. Follow the directions. More here:

Updating your iOS device

Here's a list of tips to follow prior to your upgrade or if you run into any issues:

iOS 5 Upgrade Troubleshooting

EDIT: Upgrading via Wi-Fi is now available. Settings > General > Software Update.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts