What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had it for 4 hours and have to go to Genius already

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I bought my iPad today and have an issue right away. Video freezes intermittently in several apps. Youtube, Espn App, ABC, etc. It will suddenly freeze the entire iPad and all I can do is a main reset.

I ignored it the first few times assuming a glitch. But now after only 4 hours of ownership and only 7 videos tried to watch 5 froze the whole thing.

A quick google search finds a thread on apple support forums for this with many people having this. Tomorrow I am welcoming my second child so I cannot return it but will visit genius over the weekend.

Very frustrating...

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I bought my iPad today and have an issue right away. Video freezes intermittently in several apps. Youtube, Espn App, ABC, etc. It will suddenly freeze the entire iPad and all I can do is a main reset.

I ignored it the first few times assuming a glitch. But now after only 4 hours of ownership and only 7 videos tried to watch 5 froze the whole thing.

A quick google search finds a thread on apple support forums for this with many people having this. Tomorrow I am welcoming my second child so I cannot return it but will visit genius over the weekend.

Very frustrating...

Go and trade it in tomorrow for a 3G model:p

Franknewbridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to create additional photo albums inside the iPad without using iTunes sync?

Also is anyone out there using mobile me and iDisk? How the h@$$ do I get the photos from iDisk into my photo albums?

I am new to MobileMe and iDisk and have been playing with this for the better part of a week... Contacts and calendars sync fine and this is a real cool feature...

OP
I

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I am not too upset as I know from others having this issue they are just going to give me a new one. As long as they don't try to give me a refurb I will be happy.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you produce a couple million devices you will get some broken units....I haven't had this issue, thankfully!

OP
I

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Genius got me a brand new one. Mine had an issue that was rare. Even he hadn't seen it yet. Apple does it good though with me. 15 minutes and I was walking out with a brand new one still wrapped. Good business.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Genius got me a brand new one. Mine had an issue that was rare. Even he hadn't seen it yet. Apple does it good though with me. 15 minutes and I was walking out with a brand new one still wrapped. Good business.

Yup, thats how they roll, I have still not left an apple store with a problem without a solution...I occasionally have to talk to a few people but they will get it done.

OP
I

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised. In the PC world they usually doubt you. Treat you as if you are making up the issue. But in this case I was treated with respect and when I showed him the video on my iPhone of it happening, (I was afraid it wouldnt do it for him), he instantly handed it back and was appreciative.

What I liked even more is that I was not given a refurb or something else behind the shelf due to it only being a couple days since purchase. They brought out a brand new one. The only reason they opened it was because I forgot my power cords so they took those out of the new one.

Good job Apple!

YankeeGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious--did you have the problem with it freezing videos in wifi AND 3G? Mine freezes in 3G only--not the whole iPad, just the video.

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought mine froze on the IPAD Tour video. But found out that it just stops for a few minutes while it continues to load, then it resumes. I called the tech support and they showed me what was happening. Looke for a little gray bar behind the ball while it is loading.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what customer service should be about everywhere. People do not spending more money when the service is so good.

iPVillan12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting ICONYK. I just got my iPad 16 gb wifi this past saturday 5/1/10 and mine had froze at least 2-3 times whenever I tried watching a video on the web,YouTube, and from the ABC app too. Since you other members didn't have this problem with ur ipad's, I should go back to apple store and have them switch for a new one?

YankeeGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought mine froze on the IPAD Tour video. But found out that it just stops for a few minutes while it continues to load, then it resumes. I called the tech support and they showed me what was happening. Looke for a little gray bar behind the ball while it is loading.

Yes, I see that too. The thing is, it works great in WiFi mode, just freezes while it loads in 3G. I was traveling this past weekend, and wanted to watch a movie, and only had 3G available (which is one of the main reasons I got it) and couldn't watch anything. Sure, it is loading, but it doesn't seem to load unless I press play and then I have to keep starting over until it is fully loaded which is annoying at best. Not sure if its MY iPad or the 3G service or what.

Thoughts?

Most reactions