What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

greenpois0n rc5 is gonna be tethered

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Indeed, very old news. RC5 will be untethered for sure, it's just a question of when it will be released... :)

Hargers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The info on the wiki says rc5 10 feb how reliable is the wiki

en dot wikipedia dot org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking

Curare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
p0sixninja tweets: Go get it. greenpois0n.com

greenpois0n RC5 is out in the wild.

Sorry, 1st post here. Hey everyone.:)

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
p0sixninja tweets: Go get it. greenpois0n.com

greenpois0n RC5 is out in the wild.

Sorry, 1st post here. Hey everyone.:)

Good you are here...I be new myself. And speaking ONLY for myself, I am clueless as hell when it comes to the topic at hand. But I am smart as hell, so give me a few months and I'll know of what I speak and I'll be able to carry on a conversation about Jailbreaks.

Thanks for the link, but we have seen it already.

The RC5 version is not out yet. At least not for Winders. It might be on a mirror somewhere, but when I want software, I go to the source. No telling what awaits me when I run a piece of software that might not be what it seems to be. So, I, and again.... speaking only for Bob, avoid other sources for RC5.

RC5 is out (apparently) for the Mac user and perhaps the Linux folks, but not for us poor beleaguered Windows users. We know you can find RC4... we do not (many/most of us?) want or need RC4. We want the version that allows us untethered freedom and running on Apple 4.2.1 firmware, so it be RC5 we seek.

I know I am new here, and it is, perhaps, not my place to moan and groan, but I would ask posters to keep in mind that many of us want RC5 for WINDOWS. When a link is posted, it seems to be for the Mac version, RC5, not Windows. Of for an earlier version that is not untethered, like RC4.

So if you think you are helping, please...please...please tell us what version and platform the DL is for so we do not waste time visiting a site to snag versions we do not need and cannot use.

Again, I am new and it is not my place to complain....just saying.

Bob Maxey

Curare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am thrilled you are smart as hell, yet sad you are clueless as hell.

Your segacious yet wordy response is .............

I suggest in the future if you want accurate information you follow the tweets of those in the know such as p0sixninja, pod2g, iH8sn0w, MuscleNerd, notcom, Jaywalker9988 and others.

You can get info on IRC: irc.chronic-dev.org #greenpois0n.

BTW, Windoze version of greenpois0n is out now. GO GET IT.

Try hovering your mouse pointer over the Windows link at greenpois0n.com and look at the info bar at the bottom of the screen. There you will find usefull info such as the name of the file you are about to download.

I've only had an Ipad for 2 months and my iMac 27" i5 for 2 weeks, yet I somehow figured out how to use the internets to jailbreak using greenpois0n and loaded Cydia with redsn0w.

Then I ate my Ipad.:p

Most reactions