What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great weekend with iPad

nytngale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spent the weekend traveling to a graduation party in another state and was delighted with my iPad. I connected to wifi at multiple locations without any of the difficulty that I have seen others report and surfing the web with the 3G connection was great while we were on the road. This device is the best and i really appreciated traveling with a device that is much lighter than my laptop.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn, life was so simpler 20 years ago without any electronic gadgets (except maybe Atari Lynx). How did we ever survive?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sonny Burnett said:
Damn, life was so simpler 20 years ago without any electronic gadgets (except maybe Atari Lynx). How did we ever survive?
Well I am 65 going on 40 I can remember our first black and white tv in 1954. I went to movies then played in the park spent time with friends now it's hyper space age on line with friends watch movies down loaded on apple tv iPhone and soon ipad and TV is now 3d (for a price) lol so I can understand what you are saying

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

The gadgets were there, just more primitive. I had the Coleco football game, the Sony Walkman was ubiquitous and travel Scrabble just used a board rather than an iPad. Humans have always stayed busy on road trips. I prefer the iPad to sacking every village I pass through, poisoning the wells and burning the crops as I leave. But you rock it old school if you want... ;)

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Glad your iPad performed well on your trip. I have yet to travel with mine, but have an out of town wedding to attend in two weeks...... I figure it will be like taking a big chunk of home with me.....

OP
N

nytngale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah - life was simpler 20 years ago. Didn't have a job that requires me to have 24/7 email and phone contact. Am glad that iPad makes work and real life balance a little easier. Envy folks who just get to enjoy these types of things as toys only.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am not sure if its joke, or you have regrets … around years 1995/96/97 i often say at that time :
The one can live without mobile phone, i envy him

even at time i am in mobile phone, i feel forced to carry two mobile … but it’s life … now just imagine no mobile phone and only office computer

Every body have the right to live in stone age or live in is time

Last edited:

BethAsheville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is improving the quality of my life at age 63. When I travel or work overnight at my part-time job, I like playing my iPod music collection to baffle noise from nearby rooms, plus avoid radio commercials.

For playing, I like the Photos origami slideshow with lots of saved images from art museums and facebook. My husband has fun with the puzzles on the free Blocks app.

I'm a retired system programmer with memories of the keypunch days before displays and keyboards. I walked to the town library so I got more exercise that way.

Ian B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leaving on wednesday for San Diego driving from Texas. Just got My iPhone jailbroken for the trip and will post on Saturday how the tethering app mywi worked with my wifi iPad.

Ian B

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
back then you had a paper and if they could not get a hold of you they would page you intill you called the home office ..i hated those things for we carried in the military and i learned to hate beening tried to one ..

now it the phone but i do love traveling with my ipad for it a lot of fun at times ust beening able to sit down and relax for a moment without haveing a lot of weight of the lap like a laptop

ipadgypsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had fun too this weekend with my iPad, took it out to dinner with me, ended up eating at a restaurant with a deck with nice two man band taking requests.....one customer wanted Kris Kristofferson...but the guys couldn't remember the lyrics - I got to them in seconds with 3G - then taped them singing on 'Here comes the sun' with that adorable little app- play it and send it.....

O- I luv iPad......

Has anyone named theirs yet?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think we were able to survive because the number of forward thinking optimists was significantly greater than the number or sarcastic pessimists.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer the iPad to sacking every village I pass through, poisoning the wells and burning the crops as I leave.
I'm pretty sure there's an app for that. If not there are sure lots of zombies to kill. So we got that going for us. Which us nice.

Ian B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leaving on wednesday for San Diego driving from Texas. Just got My iPhone jailbroken for the trip and will post on Saturday how the tethering app mywi worked with my wifi iPad.

Ian B

No problems the whole way down or flying back to Austin from Dan Diego. Free wifi worked perfectly everywhere and no issues with tethering off the jb iPhone. One point, tethering will kill your phone battery so use it wisely.

Ian B

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a terrific time with my new iPad. It was delivered this morning at work. I immediately applied the Power Support Anti-Glare and place on the Speck CandyShell. The Exo Sleeve totally rocks with my new gadget. :)

I have never been so happy seeing a FEDEX truck pull up in the driveway in my entire life.

Enjoy your iPads this weekend. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts