What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble Conneting to WI-FI in Hotels

TheCrusher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am a new iPad owner (first apple product ever) and I am having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi when traveling which is all the time. I see several posts so hope I am not duplicating.

The trouble seems to be when needing to authenticate through the web browser for the hotel. I stay at Hampton's, Holiday Express, Hilton, and other major hotel chains. All have the same result. The Safari browser hangs on login. I must say I am a very discouraged first time apple owner. I love the device when connected but it is of little use if not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hawon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheCrusher said:
Hello, I am a new iPad owner (first apple product ever) and I am having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi when traveling which is all the time. I see several posts so hope I am not duplicating.

The trouble seems to be when needing to authenticate through the web browser for the hotel. I stay at Hampton's, Holiday Express, Hilton, and other major hotel chains. All have the same result. The Safari browser hangs on login. I must say I am a very discouraged first time apple owner. I love the device when connected but it is of little use if not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Turn off autofill in safari setting. Especially the login I'd and password. It should do the trick

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
check all the windows opened by the browser. Maybe the proper window popes up in the background.
Or.
Download Atomic browser, and check it out.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, sometimes I've found it is best to stay in settings after selecting the network. Often I get a login window right there, and it works.

But first, you really do have to talk to the hotel staff. There is often a user id and login you need to use, even if the network looks open.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are getting the same symptoms and/or behavior on your iPad at every hotel you've been to, try to double-check if the Wifi works elsewhere (e.g. library, cafes, etc.) Also, see if you can check with another patron and ascertain that he/she -is- getting a connection where you're supposed to, so that at least you know that the network is operational. If it's still giving you the same failure, then it could be bad luck and simply a specific problem with your device.

I took my iPad all over the west coast last December and the only place I couldn't get a connect was in the business lounge at LAX. All the hotels and cafes I was at where they offered Wifi worked flawlessly.

Most reactions

Latest posts