What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GPS not working when cellular data or wifi off?

L

ldrki

I have offline navigation software (iGo, Navigon) but GPS won't work unless I turn wifi or cellular data on? These programs have offline maps so this is quite a disappointment. Shouldn't GPS work while being offline? Please help.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both the iPhone4 and the iPad3, and both work with Navigon just fine without Cellular/3G/LTE or WiFi turned on. However Location must be turned ON for GPS to work. Make sure you didn't turn LOCATION OFF in settings.

OP
L

ldrki

Location services are turned on. On iGO I get "looking for GPS signal", on Navigon I get "there is no GPS signal available". iPad 2 3G.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a hard reset of the iPad, hold down both the Power and Home buttons until the Apple icon appears, takes about 15 seconds. Wait for it to reboot, it will take up to a couple of minutes or more, don't panic like I did the first time I tried it. You could try uninstalling both apps and re-installing them one at a time, I would try uninstalling iGo app first, might be some sort of conflict with Navigon.

OP
L

ldrki

Hard reset didn't sort out the issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts