What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gone from grey hair to white!

skyesview

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I'm curled up in bed reading my free book ( about someone blowing up a dam) on my Kindle app on my iPad when I reach for my large glass of ice water. Yep, I spilled it all over myself, iPad, the bed! I went from grey hair to white in a split second! I dried off the iPad first, turned it off, changed my sheets, nightgown, etc. Then with fear in my heart crawled back into bed and turned the iPad back on and yes I am using to send this message! Thanks Apple, Job well done!:D

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless you submerge it, it's actually close to being virtually waterproof. Nothing is going to get through the screen or the back. The only spots where water can get in are the home button (and the clearance around the button is virtually nil, so just surface tension of the water should keep anything form going in there), and then the connection points (dock connector, headphone jack, etc), and those are on the side, so any liquids spilled on the top/back are more likely to just run off the sides before going into any of them. And even if liquid was to get into one of them, it would probably just pool up in there instead of going completely inside the Ipad (like water pools up and stays near the outside of your ear canal, instead of going all the way into your ear drum)

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I probably would have been in tears until I got it all dried off and knew it would work! LOL

OP
S

skyesview

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have a TempurPedic but I have a waterproof cover on mine! And I got mine from Best Buy so also got the insurance! But it still scared me to death!
Now this am I am concerned because I had it on charge all night and it did not charge! Are there battery issues???

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I knew I should not be reading messages like this so late at night. Now i'm going to have nightmares :)

Most reactions

Latest posts