What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 black screen changes from gray to white when home key touched. Help!

LiveLaughLove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an older ipad. I have the iPad 2. I did not drop it nor cause any physical harm to it. I went to use it as normal and when I pressed the home button to select a App a moving grey screen slowly appeared moving to the right and as it was completing it turned white and went back to black. Please help, if anyone has had this issue or know of a resolution.

Thanks in Advance

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an older ipad. I have the iPad 2. I did not drop it nor cause any physical harm to it. I went to use it as normal and when I pressed the home button to select a App a moving grey screen slowly appeared moving to the right and as it was completing it turned white and went back to black. Please help, if anyone has had this issue or know of a resolution. Thanks in Advance
Hi, LiveLaughLove! Welcome to this forum!

I like your user name. :)

Usually the first things you should do when your iPad is behaving weird, is to restart and reset it.
This is how it's performed:
Restart: simply turn it off, wait for a few minutes and turn it on again
Reset (reboot): press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Release both and let your iPad power up.

If this doesn't help, there's something else you could try: tap the back of your device. Not too soft, this won't help, and not too hard either, this would damage something inside. Do this a few times. Hopefully your screen will be back to normal.

Hope that helps.

OP
L

LiveLaughLove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks J.A. for your feedback. I tried what you suggested and it didn't work. I don't know what to do. I may contact Apple and see if I can send for repairs.

Thanks Again.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an older ipad. I have the iPad 2. I did not drop it nor cause any physical harm to it. I went to use it as normal and when I pressed the home button to select a App a moving grey screen slowly appeared moving to the right and as it was completing it turned white and went back to black. Please help, if anyone has had this issue or know of a resolution. Thanks in Advance

This is a new one for me, I've never heard of this type of issue happening before.

Is your iPad back to normal now?

First off I thought of the invert colours feature which can also be set up to activate when pushing your home button 3 times in quick succession.
Although your issue sounds a little different there's no harm in checking. So go to Settings - General - Accessibility- Accessibility Shortcut and see if you have Inverted colours checked here....if it is activated it will have a tick. To turn it off just tap the tick and it will disappear.

Otherwise this thread also comes to mind, although yours is behaving a little differently as far as the colours are concerned.
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...e/59195-ipad-screen-colors-all-messed-up.html

Most reactions

Latest posts