What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Godus Game Discussion

YvoCaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chumleyboo, I couldn't agree more about Clash of Clans. I was enthusiastic when it was released, thinking it would be a good game for me as I enjoyed HayDay so much, but it's not my cup of tea. Which is all the more strange as I do enjoy my fair share of RPG games on my DS! I'm not much into puzzle games, I do play them but I don't manage to stick to them for long, but I did enjoy playing Where's my water. The crocodile and his antics made it so much fun. I had to smile at your use of the term Little time waisters, I use it all the time too referring to app games, lol.
Samantha, I know Supermarket Mania, I don't know Prison Mayhem but I'll be sure to check it out. I love a good management game!
Abababababa (difficult name to reproduce!) I know of Room. I seem to recall it's been released for the DS years ago, and I played a demo for it. I'll look at it for the ipad!

Nice to meet some fellow gaming enthusiasts on here!

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Abababababa (difficult name to reproduce!) I know of Room. I seem to recall it's been released for the DS years ago, and I played a demo for it. I'll look at it for the ipad!

Nice to meet some fellow gaming enthusiasts on here!

You almost made it! There are 6 ab. You can call me by any name you like, just let me know. On this forum, everyone mostly calls me Abs. :)

narab1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I seem to remember seeing you at least some of you in the HayDay discussions too. I'm curious: any other ipad games you would recommend? I played Tribez and the other one, Tribez & Castlez, loved DragonVale and played a lot of Monster Pet shop years ago. What's the latest at the moment?

I still play Hay Day almost daily. Although the train people are still driving me crazy. I play Clash of Clans but mostly because I don't want to give it up. It's an easy game just start a war and leave!

I just downloaded Cupcake by DeNA. I never played candy crush but it's a bit like Candy Crush or Bejeweled. I'm having fun with it so far.

I also play Words with Friends, LetterPress and Scrabble -- none as well as I'd like! I still play DragonVale mostly because I want to collect all of the dragons. Seems to be a pretty easy game that you only have to spend about five minutes a day on to maintain.

I keep getting invitations from people for Farmvale but I'm not sure I want another farming game. I also like hidden object games but haven't played many lately.

I also really like Smash Hit and Hundreds.

So many games out there to waste your time on!

------------------------------
GC: narab1
HD: Level 78
DV: Level 37
C of C: Level 42
Godus: who knows?!
-------

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

narab1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You almost made it! There are 6 ab. You can call me by any name you like, just let me know. On this forum, everyone mostly calls me Abs. :)

6 Abs? Then we should call you Six Pack. Lol

-------

YvoCaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
True, so little time, real life has the annoying habit of interfering right? I'd best not tell my hubbie about Cupcake then, he is already driving me crazy asking me to send him an extra life in Candy Crush, lol! By the way, is it okay if we misuse the Godus thread for this nice chat about games in general? Because I do really like chatting with you all about it!

EDITED

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

YvoCaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
6 Abs? Then we should call you Six Pack. Lol

-------

Lol, 6 Pack! Good one

EDITED

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone attempted the new voyage in Godus? I managed two journeys, but stalled on the third one.

I am enjoying the Utterly Full Chests card, which means I get two stickers every time I open a chest.

I am not enjoying the large number of chests that are in inaccessible places under the water. I even threw a meteor at one of them, but they don't seem to work in the water!

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The meteors sometimes work in the water, so always chuck a meteor to see if it works. A couple of them seem to be either too far down, or are in a "blanked out" area that's not accessible to you yet.

I haven't gone on a voyage for ages because they're so aggravating that I worry for my mental health! :confused::mad:

I, too, have the utterly full card - and it's fabulous :D

I've also uncovered every tower (5 in total), and expansion beacon, and am wondering what to do now?

I will try meteors again in the water, thanks.

When you've built all the temples and expanded all the beacons, there isn't much left to do. I'm determined to get to 150 mines so I can get the mining village card, and I am also focusing on the cards that give you more followers in a ship, so I can have another crack at the journeys. They've got to be doable, surely?! I found a way of disabling a champion, quite by accident. Usually, I try to sculpt around them so they are on an island, because I found that the followers can walk past them safely, if they are not too close. I was trying to make the island smaller and smaller and somehow sculpted so close to the champion that he fell over, and scrabbled around on his back like a beetle, while my followers just strolled on by, then he disappeared! It's happened twice now.

Have you found, when collecting belief, that sometimes you get a little flash of flame, and more belief, from one of your abodes?

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great info about the champions - I'll try that sometime! If I ever get the nerve to go on a journey again, that is....

I had one of my miners keel over and die recently....no idea why. He was busy mining for gems when he keeled over, with no interaction from me, and faded away....apparantly to the "Great Mine in the Sky". Perhaps it was his heart? Wasn't watching his cholesterol? No clue.

About the little flash you get when you're collecting belief - I've always wondered what that's all about! I hadn't noticed it's giving more belief at that moment because I'm always zipping by too fast, but I'd love to know what it means!

Really strange about your miner! Were you working him too hard? Not enough coffee breaks perhaps? How strange! :confused:

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know! Weird, right? Now I hear whispers of them unionizing , and then where will I be? I fear an uprising :confused:

Oh no!!!! The peasants are revolting!! :eek: Next thing, they'll want to be paid! It's a slippery slope...

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So.... What do you think of the latest update? The autumnal colours, the ark, the new world, the new architecture, new challenges, lots of exploring to do... They have certainly added more interest, and I think (and hope) more stability.

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I've only just done the update, and haven't started playing yet, but I'm glad there'll be something new to do. I haven't played Godus much lately because there were no goals, beacons or towers left. Im looking forward to exploring today!

And I see Hay Day has an update too today :D. How thoughtful of both devs to come out with their updates today - my day off! :p

Enjoy!!! Have a lovely day! And I forgot to mention, you can now rotate the camera view!

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have to update in the App store. Then you have to take over the Astari village, which I did by lobbing a few meteors at them. I then got a message to say that they had joined my flock, and we would no longer have conflict between us. This meant I could now access an area just to the east of their village, where you will see an ark, which needs to be built.

So, you build some abodes close to it, then send the builders in to rebuild your ark. Then you load it up with up to 300 builders and set sail to the new world. Which is a harsher environment, where you can only build wheat fields on green, verdant land, and can only build mines on dark grey land. There's a plot of each, helpfully marked with an empty wheat field, and an empty mine.

So, you now have two worlds to manage. Also, you can rotate the camera view by placing two fingers on the screen and twisting. It takes a few attempts to get the hang of it. Or at least, it did for my 28 year-old fingers. But it should be a lot easier for a 17 year-old.

smiley-char023.gif
[/url]

YvoCaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts