What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Godus Game Discussion

narab1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys. Thanks for the invite to the forum. I too lost my first game and I'm now on my second game with thousands of followers having restarted everything. I'm a little bit worried though having read from the beginning of this forum… I noticed that the problems Sam is having is with iOS 8. I have an updated yet. I'm a little worried that I might lose my game?

I agree with the voyages. I'm on voyage five of mountains and meteors. The followers are downright stupid! You give them a trail through the clear, and they go for the corrupted land.... They truly seem to have a death wish.

I have noticed that as it by each successive village or settlement costs a little bit more. When I first started every little cent counted, now I'm not sure I'm paying much attention to it. A little like Hay Day!

The one thing I miss is the in game chat and commeraderie. It feels a little bit alone. I'm also not convinced of the concept. I'm a little less comfortable with the whole God aspect. For me at this point I think the jury is still out, it's nota bad time waster. I think I still enjoy Hay Day a little bit more

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys. Thanks for the invite to the forum. I too lost my first game and I'm now on my second game with thousands of followers having restarted everything. I'm a little bit worried though having read from the beginning of this forum… I noticed that the problems Sam is having is with iOS 8. I have an updated yet. I'm a little worried that I might lose my game?

I agree with the voyages. I'm on voyage five of mountains and meteors. The followers are downright stupid! You give them a trail through the clear, and they go for the corrupted land.... They truly seem to have a death wish.

I have noticed that as it by each successive village or settlement costs a little bit more. When I first started every little cent counted, now I'm not sure I'm paying much attention to it. A little like Hay Day!

The one thing I miss is the in game chat and commeraderie. It feels a little bit alone. I'm also not convinced of the concept. I'm a little less comfortable with the whole God aspect. For me at this point I think the jury is still out, it's nota bad time waster. I think I still enjoy Hay Day a little bit more

I haven't updated to IOS8 either, I'm not sure what the new features are and if it's worthwhile, but yes, there are a lot of people having problems with IOS 8 and Godus. I think the game has a lot of potential. It is quite a solitary pursuit, as you say, but i do find it rather relaxing. It's one of the few games I will play with the sound turned on, albeit very low, and I do think it looks lovely. Maybe once they sort everything out and get past the beta stage... It might be worth another look.

Are you playing as a guest, or did you open a Mobage account? I'm playing as a guest. I think if you have a Mobage account they can restore your game if you lose it. Not sure what the other advantages are. I keep scouring their forum and Facebook page to learn more, but so far, there are lots of complaints!

narab1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do you get a Mobage account? I've looked online and it seems to come up in a game but I don't recall ever being given that option in Godus? If it meant i didn't lose my game, I'd sign up. I'm nowafraid to update to iOS 8 for fear of losing my game!

narab1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, I don't think I will get past sailing 5. I've tried for three days but the followers are so stupid that even when I use comets to give them a clear path, they die. I'm almost at the point where I am going to turn the comets on them. I don't see myself getting past this point with them. Too bad though as I need the cards but will have to search the mountains and oceans for them instead!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

narab1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good lord! I was about to use a meteor to smash through a mountain - I've not yet used one, but I know on my first go-around with this game, it wasn't terribly expensive. Now a single meteor is 6k. How on earth am I supposed to afford that? :( Ridiculous! For a first-time use that's insane. I'd rather spend the 6k sculpting the mountain down nice and neatly.
That's actually funny. In level five meteors and mountains you could use a meteor to smash through the mountain. Each one costs you ten, not 6k. That's ridiculous! What with the comparison be between doing it manually and using a meteor, I wonder?

------------------------------
GC: narab1
HD: Level 78
DV: Level 37
C of C: Level 42
Godus: who knows?!
-------

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's actually funny. In level five meteors and mountains you could use a meteor to smash through the mountain. Each one costs you ten, not 6k. That's ridiculous! What with the comparison be between doing it manually and using a meteor, I wonder?

-------

I wondered that too. I think it is cheaper in belief to use a meteor than to sculpt the equivalent amount. In the voyages of course they cost only 10 belief, so you can go a bit crazy with them, which I did in one of the early voyages and destroyed some of my followers. By mistake, I hasten to add. :D

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I

im sure the meteor is cheaper, but it's also quite haphazard and sometimes just doesn't take out as much as you want, right where you wanted. The ensuing clean-up and diggin out of the remaining area uses thousand more. I still think its a ripoff! And as far as "accidentally" killing off followers with meteors - I wiped out the whole landing team of ten with meteors because they just would NOT go where they should! I still lost the voyage, but it assuaged my anger and frustration

It is haphazard, and you don't get a neat line of connected craters, and it is hugely expensive! I think perhaps using meteors, like sculpting, is more accurate if you're using a computer and a mouse. Maybe, dunno. I quite like the finger of god for those moments when you just need to squash someone or get rid of a house that's sitting on top of a sticker. Much cheaper, less satisfying, but cheaper and less destructive.

I'm hoping there will be a new voyage soon, because I can't deal with the lemmings anymore, and at least the first level or two seem to be do-able. At least I am back in the game, i should be grwteful for that. I think it was reinstalling HD that did the trick! :D

narab1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm so happeeeeeee! And I've caught up to you since you were gone, thanks to your "timely" help :D
How do you see other's worlds???
And at what point to get get the blight remover?? Too much blighted land right now....

-------

narab1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know about other worlds....I've only got the one world. But the blight remover is the "beautify" power which becomes available pretty early in the game. You just swipe it over the land and it brightens everything, makes followers happy and will "erase" the blight :)

I must be far behind you because it still isn't available to me. Although I do have homeless people now....

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I must be far behind you because it still isn't available to me. Although I do have homeless people now....

Are the homeless people Astari who have defected? If so, just tap and hold on them and drag them to an open plot. They will build themselves a little house.

narab1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are the homeless people Astari who have defected? If so, just tap and hold on them and drag them to an open plot. They will build themselves a little house.

Yes, I've made them homes. I don't quite understand them, however, they don't to serve any purpose?

-------

narab1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got my beautify power. And I spent almost 80k in belief making the land pretty! Ouch!
But they do looove me!

-------

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I've made them homes. I don't quite understand them, however, they don't to serve any purpose?

-------

They're just for decoration. :D Although, having said that, I mistakenly leashed one over to a beacon, and he worked for hours until the beacon was complete. He complained bitterly, with the sad face, but he worked hard. :)

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Correct! Welcome to the weird logic of Godus!:D Wait till you get to build "Builder Settlements". They're nearly as useless as the Astari, but not as cute :p

Absolutely agree!! I am never making builder settlements again.

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got my beautify power. And I spent almost 80k in belief making the land pretty! Ouch!
But they do looove me!

-------

That's because you're SOOOOO generous with that belief! :p I'm finding now, in some areas, that the beautified land doesn't stay beautified for all that long. I don't know if they've changed something, but it's quite annoying.

Most reactions

Latest posts