What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail the old way

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there any way to get Gmail to display the same way as a desktop computer??

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Not on the native mail client, but if you use Safari to log onto Gmail theres options in really fine writing on the bottom that makes it able to switch to basicHTML or Desktop view!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly for some reason desktop view works except your can't scroll for some reason which makes it pretty useless. If they fix the scroll problem it will be great tho...since gtalk also works in the browser.

OP
F

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh man I see what you mean, I was thinking this is working great and then got to a longer thread and tried to scroll and there was none. They need to fix that, why won't it scroll????

dminches

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gmail issue in Safari

I have been noticing that if you load an email with a graphic, that graphic will continue to show up in other emails that also have graphics. For example, I opened an amazon.com email that had a free shipping graphic. I closed that email and opened a crutchfield email which had it's own graphic. The amazon graphic showed up in the email again. I couldn't get rid of it unless I loaded a different web page and then returned to gmail.

Most reactions

Latest posts