What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail stopped working

ljholland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a new iPad user. I had gmail working 5 minutes after opening the box two days ago. This morning I'm getting the error imap.gmail.com can't be found. I've gone into Gmail and reset IMAP on...off and back on again to make sure it's on. But - I can't get Gmail working.

I deleted the account and tried to re-add it. Nothing.

Help!

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
Can't really help on the gmail on the ipad. But the gmail ipad website is very good. Good option until you can get the other working.

bungalow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gmail stopped working error message

I've had the IPAd for 2 weeks...Gmail worked for a few days and then stopped. Got error message "user name or password for ____ is incorrect. GMail works on every other device.

After spending more than an hour on the phone with Apple - gmail seemed to work again. We deleted and re-entered username/password - and delted drafts from mailbox that couldn't go out. This time those steps are not working.

Is there an issue with this IPAd...AT&T 3G...or other? Maybe I forgot a step to correct this issue (and why does this issue happen??)...

If you can advise me how to get may gmail going...I'll be very grateful

agcpang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am a new user of iPad also. Read this thread but it doesn't seem to apply to my situation. So asking forum a modified question. My gmail account was working for a few days then stopped. I access gmail thru Safari, not an app. What happens now when I try to log in is the URL keeps flashing like it is trying hard, but nothing loads. This is right at the start when I ask for gmail.com. I don't even get to the log in page. Help?

Most reactions

Latest posts