What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail Sign Out

Jamey K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway to sign out of the gmail app? I'm not sure I like the idea of someone picking up my iPad....tapping the gmai icon, and reading my email.

Thanks!

OP
J

Jamey K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoops.....not the Gmail app....I meant the " Mail" app that came installed.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no way to password protect just the mail app. At least not that I am aware of.

You can passcode lock the entire iPad, so that a person can't use it without entering a passcode first. It's under Settings >> General >> Passcode Lock. Simple is just a four digit pin, complex is a real password. Be sure you remember what you use. Getting your iPad working again with a forgotten lock code isn't pretty.

Last edited:

MayaD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I switched to the Google app for just this reason. Closing the app signs you out. On the other hand you have to sign in every time, which I prefer doing.

OP
J

Jamey K

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did it again. One of us here used the mail app to open gmail, and now it won't close. How do sign out og gmail using the mail app?

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jamey K said:
Did it again. One of us here used the mail app to open gmail, and now it won't close. How do sign out og gmail using the mail app?

It does seem like lunacy doesn't it? No way to sign out, no way to delete an account, no way to delete the app!

Other than that quite good. :(

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can delete the account any time you want. It's under Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Choose the account, scroll to the bottom and delete it.

The iPad was designed to be a personal device, just like your phone. Apple may get around to changing that if the market shows that a lot of people want it to be a multi-user device, but it will probably be a while.

In the mean time I believe the Better Webmail app will protect your separate email account via a PIN.

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, of course it's all in the settings app. Still getting used to the nuances of thisset up. I don't have a problem, ever since I got wed, the missus opened my mail so I'm used to it now.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Twinkletoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Though this thread is old another approach is simply to put a shortcut to the regular gmail page on your Home Page. You can then sign in and out as usual. The sign out on iPad gmail web page is in bottom left hand corner, just click on your email address there for options.

Frabezco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the problem and just sort it out!

Is there anyway to sign out of the gmail app? I'm not sure I like the idea of someone picking up my iPad....tapping the gmai icon, and reading my email.

Thanks!

My friend opened his account on my iPad then I couldn't open mine cos his still open. Well, I installed google app, register so I could open mine. There you have no problem to in/out. After that I notice on Safari browser top right a link to my friend account with the engineer with option to logout. Clicked on it and ...great! It gone! The thing is after that Safari can not open anything related to google. When you type on the web bar and hit search it just keep flashing .

Most reactions

Latest posts