What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail contact sync problems

Hskoog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I successfully imported my gmail contacts onto my IPad, but any changes I make on the iPad don't sync with gmail. I have iTunes set up to sync, I also set up an outlook account to sync wirelessly. Neither way works for changes made on the IPad. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Hal

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Turn off the iTunes syncing for GMail. When you sync with your GMail it is directly with the iPad and does not need iTunes or your computer. At least not with normal setups. I suppose it is possible to secondarily sync it through Outlook. Not recommended.

Now, if you have been using the standard GMail account, then GMail contacts on the iPad will probably disappear. You'll need to remove or turn off the old account and add it again as an Exchange account.

Google Mail as Exchange
Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Google Sync (ActiveSync) - Google Mobile Help

If you have multiple Google Calendars be sure to follow the link at the bottom. Note that when it says to visit the m.google.com/sync site you have to do that on the iPad.

If you did not delete the old GMail account, be certain that any services you have turned on in one account are turned off in the other. Though there really is no good reason to keep both account types, unless like me you sometimes switch back and forth between them for testing purposes.

Most reactions

Latest posts