What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem syncing Gmail contacts to iPad2

Newbeee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I wonder if you can help. I cannot seem to sync my contacts from Gmail/laptop to my iPad2.

On the iPad in settings/mail,contacts,calenders/gmail I have no option for contacts only Mail and Notes. I have tried deleting the account and 're-installing' and does not make a difference. In my iCloud a/c I do have the option to include contacts and switching this off makes no difference.

In itunes, when I select the iPad and then go to Info/sync with contacts it asks for my gmail account and password but does not accept it.

I do have an iPhone and this is synced to itunes/gmail etc. Is this what is causing the problem? I have not been able to find the answer on google forums or ipad forums. The google help forum gives instructions only for iPhone and this solution does not work for the iPad.

Would appreciate the help. Many thanks.

glk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to sync or transfer your gmail contacts including groups you may have created in gmail, check out this app - it works well for me and the groups from gmail then appear as groups in your contacts on the ipad. Works with ipad and iphone:

Mac App Store - Contacts Sync For Google Gmail

Most reactions

Latest posts