What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting new Ipad.. Should I update it to 4.2 IOS?

ike12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just wondering If I should apply the latest update or wait??

also, how do you change the "wallpaper" to a custom picture? and when they say "wallpaper" do they mean the "unlock background" or the background of all your apps?

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that you Will like the 4.2 update for the iPad.It brings some good things, but it will also change yur rotation screen lock to a mute switch.If this isn't too bad for you I think you will be happy with the update.

You can change both wallpapers, the one from unlock screen and even the one from your home screen, just like on the iPhone with iOS 4.
And you can download a wallpaper from google images.

OP
I

ike12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I see. so I can just add any image to my ipad through Itunes? or just save a pic from browsing web on ipad itself?

basically I seen the Patriots one on this site and wanted it lol. so how do I do that.

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you can.you simply tap and hold your finger on the image.A little window will appear and will ask you, if you want to save, to print or to copy(can't remember exactly)

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you get it from apple it will come with the new operating system.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.2 is great. The mute button change is a non issue as it is easier to activate the screen lock button from the menu bar.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
4.2 is stunning

Can't wait to see what ios5 has in store for iPad

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go ahead. People did have some problems ( even myself) but we all overcame it with the help of this forum and others. We are talking of Millions that did upgrade successfully , and only a very small minority with some problems.

Most reactions